Osteo internship and Allo residency?

Started by bla_3x
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bla_3x

Grip it and rip it!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can one do a traditional DO rotating internship as the internship for an allopathic rads residency, or does on need to do an allopathic internship only?
 
bla_3x said:
Can one do a traditional DO rotating internship as the internship for an allopathic rads residency, or does on need to do an allopathic internship only?

Yes, you can do a traditional rotating internship, then MD Rads residency, as long as the Rads Residency isn't a 5 year program that has a linked internship year....there are a handful of those.
 
OK, I know that I am at a disadvantage, etc. for not having taken USMLE...at the time of the boards I did not need them, or so I thought. Originally plan was to go into IM. Anyway, that is the past and is something I have to live with (not going to take step one as a MSIV). I did rock the COMLEX, for what that’s worth and have excellent letters of rec., above average grades, leadership, etc.
The quirk is that it would mean sooooo much to my wife to stay in the west (as close to home, Las Vegas as possible). Anyone know of any western programs that would be feasible in my position, perhaps where a rotation can make a HUGE difference?

Thanks !!
 
Doing the DO internship can have another advantage: There are 5 states that require a DO internship in order to license you as DO (some have exceptions to this rule). So, if you intend to practice in these states, it can be advisable to do the DO internship. The ABR recognizes the DO internship as sufficient for the clinical requirement, no problem here.