Osteopathic Crads Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karpems

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the DO programs? Which ones should I apply to and which ones should I stay away from?

Members don't see this ad.

PS...sorry for the spelling error in the title!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not familiar with many of the programs but overall I believe there are 22. My program (Midwestern Universtiy-St James) is pretty solid. The major plus is that you will see tons of the bread and butter type stuff at two community hospital settings with tons of angio as well. The major disadvantage is you will not see newer imaging modalities and research is very limited.

Cardio in the osteopathic world is also very competitive. I would not shy away from any program. Apply broadly and increase your chances. Our program is taking 2 and thus far I am the only potential applicant applying from within.

I know of Botsford and the UMDNJ program as well. both very solid. There is a new program at Palmetto in Florida. I rotated there as a student and I am not too optimistic for that place. hope some of this helps. take care

I have applied to several Osteopathic Cardiology Programs this year. I have tried researching some of these programs and there is not a lot of information about the programs via internet. I have had good communication with two programs, and they have actually been quite helpful, enthusiastic, and extremely friendly.

So far I have only two interviews and both are coming up soon. After I interview, I will PM you and let you know what I have found about the programs.

I do know the one in California supposedly had to close due to budget cuts. There is a new program at Samaritan Hospital in Corvallis Oregon as well as Palmetto General in Miami Florida. There is also a new program in Illinois as well.

You can look at the Opportunities page on www.do-online.org and it has the cardiology, interventional cardiology, and EP programs listed there. Some of the info on that page needs to be updated however.

Tulsa, OK
Affliated with Oklahoma State University
2 spots/year with 1 interventional spot/year
let me know if you have any questions