melie814

15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Status (Visible)
I'm taking the Osteopathic FP board exam this year. What books did you use for studying? Any advice? Thanks.

Paramedic2617

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm not really qualified to answer this question but I've heard from my senior residents that they are using Swanson's for general FP and Savarese for OMT.

cabinbuilder

Urgent Care Physician
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I went on amazon and just ordered as many different books with sample tests in them. I was so busy in clinic, etc. That I made it through one book, and half of the other. Be sure you study the ob, peds, and psych. Those are the heaviest that I didn't have a lot of experience with. Of course there is surg, and IM that is the bulk of the thing. Just do lots of questions.

If you do OMT all the time, don't even bother studying that. The practical is super easy, they pass everyone.

About the Ads

LeemerDO

4 FOX ACHE
15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
The southwest corner of the US
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Use swansons and you'll be fully overprepared for COMLEX IV, I mean the FP boards. ;). The practical is cake. OMM notes from med school helped me pass that. The only drawback is having to travel wherever it's being held.

Of course you'll also be required to write two board questions with references and citations.

Good luck with the test.

MedicineMan99

Family Medicine Attending (DO)
15+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I just took this test...

Does anyone have any idea what the passing rate for this test is? I thought the test was poorly written. I have no idea how I did.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.