Osteopathic Internship Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TUCOMSam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure when programs start offering interviews for osteopathic internships, but if anyone out there has started hearing from programs about interviews please divulge! :)

Members don't see this ad.

When did you submit your ERAS?

I havent even done that yet...I should probably get on that.

TUCOMSam said:
Not sure when programs start offering interviews for osteopathic internships, but if anyone out there has started hearing from programs about interviews please divulge! :)

Got my first interview invite yesterday.

But it's still very early supposedly. My friends in classes ahead of me say that September is when things start getting undeway for AOA program invites. October is a big interview month, as is November. December is the tail end, and a lot of people have a very good idea of where they are going (where-you'll-be-ranked info is given more freely by osteopathic PD's) by Christmas or so. But obviously, this is only what I've been told. I have no previous experience myself and could be very wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many places did you apply to? I'm not sure how competitive these positions are.

Oh, and did you guys write a separate PS?

I'm in SoCal and have only applied to 4 TRI's. Not 100% sure if I'll keep it at that # or not... kinda depends on whether I get some interviews in the wings or not! ;) I've heard TRI's are not too competetive (after all, we're extra bodies to support the rest of the residents doing the FP/IM programs)... Well, good to know that Sept. is when things really get rolling. I submitted my apps about 1.5 weeks ago and 2 of the 4 have downloaded it, 2 of the programs haven't even downloaded my app yet, so at least they haven't snubbed me yet! :)

By the way, I'm applying ACGME PM&R and submitted the same PS with about 4-5 sentences at the end to make it mean something to my TRI prgrams... after all, the TRI's know (by definition) that we're not going to be there for more than a year, so they're probably more interested in what our end goals are, not for just the next year. (MY OPINION AND WHAT I'VE SEEN ON THESE FORUMS...take it for what it's worth.)

How's everyone looking now?

I have 3 interviews so far. I noticed that some programs still have not downloaded my app yet. Perhaps they arn't participating this year, I already had one program drop on me ($6 down the toilet).