Osteopathic Interviews 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biology101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from DO OBGYN programs this year? I applied late and havnt heard a peep.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doctors Hospital - 11/17, 11/18, 12/15, 12/16

Reactions: 1 user
Got one yesterday from Wyckoff Heights in Brooklyn NY: dates offered 11/22 and 12/6

Reactions: 1 users
Got one yesterday from Wyckoff Heights in Brooklyn NY: dates offered 11/22 and 12/6
Heads up. Their interview in the past was a 20-30 min interview with the program director. I had to ask for a tour...

Hopefully it changed.

Did any of you get invites to programs where you AREN'T doing auditions? If the AOA opportunities website is accurate, it seems that AOA OB/GYN programs are kinda stingy with interview invites :/

Did any of you get invites to programs where you AREN'T doing auditions? If the AOA opportunities website is accurate, it seems that AOA OB/GYN programs are kinda stingy with interview invites :/

Hmmm...
Garden City
Wyckoff
St. John
Miami (I think they closed)

Keep in my, you can do a 1 day observership, that helped at wyckoff.

Hmmm...
Garden City
Wyckoff
St. John
Miami (I think they closed)

Keep in my, you can do a 1 day observership, that helped at wyckoff.
You got interviews at these places already this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Heads up. Their interview in the past was a 20-30 min interview with the program director. I had to ask for a tour...

Hopefully it changed.

Yeah they sent an entire itinerary/schedule in an email so maybe that's an indication that it's changed..?

Anybody hear anything recently from any MI programs!? I applied to all of them and have heard very little

Anybody hear anything recently from any MI programs!? I applied to all of them and have heard very little
McLaren Macomb: I have an interview here (I'm currently auditioning)
Oakwood/Beaumont Trenton: I have a friend who got an interview here (during her audition)
Garden City: a friend that visited for a weekend here told me the program director said he was only ranking 1 student and it will be someone who auditioned there
HF Wyandotte: only interviewing 30 people; they are looking at applications this week, either will invite this week or next

Sorry a lot of hearsay :/ In general, it seems I'm hearing a lot of programs will not interview you unless you have auditioned like threecheers was saying. Also not sure if you mean solely DO programs in the DO match or also DO programs who entered the MD match this year, but I have interviews from HF Macomb and Sparrow (traditionally DO programs in the NRMP match this year) as well.

Last edited:
McLaren Macomb: I have an interview here (I'm currently auditioning)
Oakwood/Beaumont Trenton: I have a friend who got an interview here (during her audition)
Garden City: a friend that visited for a weekend here told me the program director said he was only ranking 1 student and it will be someone who auditioned there
HF Wyandotte: only interviewing 30 people; they are looking at applications this week, either will invite this week or next

Sorry a lot of hearsay :/ In general, it seems I'm hearing a lot of programs will not interview you unless you have auditioned like threecheers was saying. Also not sure if you mean solely DO programs in the DO match or also DO programs who entered the MD match this year, but I have interviews from HF Macomb and Sparrow (traditionally DO programs in the NRMP match this year) as well.
Sounds good, I kinda figured it would be like that. What about Mclaren greater Lansing? Have you heard anything about that program?

Sounds good, I kinda figured it would be like that. What about Mclaren greater Lansing? Have you heard anything about that program?
Yeah my friend said she just got an invite from them yesterday (she auditioned there).

Metro Grand Rapids also sent our interview invites yesterday (only people I know who got them also auditioned)

Last edited:
Yeah my friend said she just got an invite from them yesterday (she auditioned there).

Metro Grand Rapids also sent our interview invites yesterday (only people I know who got them also auditioned)
Yeah I got metros a week ago, but they’re the only place I auditioned

NYCOMEC/Good Samaritan Hospital West Islip,NY: Interview 11/8, offered in mid September
CORE/Mercy St Vincent MC Toledo, OH: Offered interview today for 10/19
OMECO/St Anthony Hospital Program Oklahoma City, OK: Interview 11/17-11/18 (I auditioned here)

I have an upcoming audition at SCS/MSUCOM/McLaren Macomb Program Mt. Clemens, MI so still holding out hope that I get an interview there as well.

Any word back from other places yet? Not sure if I should start sending interest emails...

Decided on OBGYN late, wasn't able to set up any audition rotations until first week in December. Haven't heard anything from DO programs, not even the one I'm rotating at. Received several MD interviews.