Osteopathic Manipulation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Njdevils30

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello. For those performing osteopathic manipulation I have a few questions:
1. How often do you treat? I know it depends on the patient but just as a general reference.
2. How much time do you spend with the patient? Again I know this depends on the patient.
3. What are the re-imbursements like for OMT?

Thank you!
 
This really depends on practice type. I use to have 1-2 cases per day, and I suspect that I had a relatively high OMT volume. The procedure is quick and with consent, typically it’s a 20 min appointment. The reimbursement is excellent. It was making me more money than ultrasound guided injections, with a fraction of time and minimal side effects. I can see how someone could theoretically have a very lucrative practice doing primarily OMT, but that was never my desire. Also, there has been little pushback for -25 modifier which is key. I’ve had more push back from Botox and ultrasound guided procedures honestly. It was really the only procedure I didn’t bother with prior authorization because it was universally insurance accepted.