Osteopathic Manipulative Technique

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angldrps

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
can you guys recommend any good books or other resources to learn more about Osteopathic Manipulative Technique . i have been reading "The D.O.'s: Osteopathic Medicine in America" and was hoping to read more to expand my knowledge from the history/evolution of Osteopathic Medicine to practice of OMT . any feed back will be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

can you guys recommend any good books or other resources to learn more about Osteopathic Manipulative Technique . i have been reading "The D.O.'s: Osteopathic Medicine in America" and was hoping to read more to expand my knowledge from the history/evolution of Osteopathic Medicine to practice of OMT . any feed back will be helpful.

savarese lol....as much as OMM blows...it def makes it somewhat tolerable

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: thanks for the link. must start somewhere for OMM even if it takes getting injured ha ha

You must start with anatomy. Feel free to start learning how to palpate, but you have no business doing OMM until you're taught it in lab.

Just wait and do it in lab. You'll have more fun with all the half-naked guinea pigs.

You must start with anatomy. Feel free to start learning how to palpate, but you have no business doing OMM until you're taught it in lab.

thanks man. i took an OMM lab at OU last summer as an undergrad. we did mostly soft tissue stuff and of course the age old palpation intro with finding the penny stuffed in a book..no worries i won't try HVLA and hurt my fellow collegaues