Osteopathic Match!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shodddy18

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone match into AOA EM programs? How about AOA EM emphasis internships... linked or unlinked?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
FoughtFyr said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

WAY TO GO DR. MOM!

:love:

- H

chicago for me, linked also. most all of the em spots are linked.

floweree said:
chicago for me, linked also. most all of the em spots are linked.
For those of us who are unfamiliar could some explain linked v. unlinked?
THanx

Osteopaths have a rotating internship (like allopaths had in the past, but which has fallen away) - in order to do an AOA-accredited residency, you need to do the internship ("rotating" because you got into a bunch of services - it's similar to transitional).

"Linked" is if the internship is part of the program (ie, you do the internship and residency in the same place); if it is unlinked, then the residency is like a 2-4 elsewhere.

Apollyon said:
Osteopaths have a rotating internship (like allopaths had in the past, but which has fallen away) - in order to do an AOA-accredited residency, you need to do the internship ("rotating" because you got into a bunch of services - it's similar to transitional).

"Linked" is if the internship is part of the program (ie, you do the internship and residency in the same place); if it is unlinked, then the residency is like a 2-4 elsewhere.
Much appreciated.

I matched into Chicago as well. 4 more years until I'm a newbie somewhere else. Does this cycle ever stop?

So Floweree, where you coming from? CCOM here.