Osteopathic Ortho Interview Season

Started by doboy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

doboy

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone comment on the the general interview season for osteopathic ortho programs? I have a free slot in my 4th year rotation schedule from the end of October throught the first part of November and I'm looking to fill it with another ortho rotation. By this time are interviews already underway? Is it a waste of time to do an "audition" rotation at this point in the year? I've already contacted one program that said they have interviews on November 1st and have already selected who is to be interviewed by that point. Thank you for your input.
 
In our program interviews are granted based on the merit of the applicant. Board scores, grades, letters, and personal statements are what are considered when selecting those who will interview.

Rotating at the hospital is important, but there is no "perfect time" to rotate. I would reasure you that rotating late or early offers you the same chance to het to know the program, and let us get to know you, as rotating during the peak rotation season (Aug/Sept/Oct).

I would also suggest that rotating early or late might be to a student's advantage. When all of the students rotate at the same time, the service gets crowded and the faces start to turn into a blur.
 
I was wondering if anyone has any comments about the ortho program at St. James in Olympia Field, IL. I've searched this forum and other forums for reviews of the rotation there/residency program, but have yet to come across anyone's opinion.

Therefore, if anyone has rotated there, done residency, is in residency there, if you could please PM with your thoughts on the program that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!