Osteopathic Orthopaedic Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waitwhat

Bagel Technician
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ayooo.

I just got my COMLEX scores in and I got a 588. Is ortho something I can still consider or is there a cut off to rotate at most places?

Thanks in advance,

George Clooney

Members don't see this ad.

Ayooo.

I just got my COMLEX scores in and I got a 588. Is ortho something I can still consider or is there a cut off to rotate at most places?

Thanks in advance,

George Clooney

Biggest problem you are going to have to overcome is calling yourself George Clooney. Regardless of 588, 688 or 788...

-Gilbert Grape

I got in the low 600's and was also curious about this...and my name is not Mr. Clooney...

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in the low 600's and was also curious about this...and my name is not Mr. Clooney...

I had friends that matched into good DO programs with 500's on their COMLEX I. This has been posted 100 times, but DO programs care a lot about your rotation there. There are very few programs that have 600 cutoffs and this generally applies to non-rotaters. 600 gets you in the door at most places. 500 will not kill you unless you 1. tank step II or 2. are a tool.

Step II is becoming more important in the DO world for ortho...people have been burned by dropping a significant amount from their step I. Seems more of a "can hurt you more than it can help you" type of thing.

Ayooo.

Thanks in advance,

George Clooney
The match stats for DOs finally came out. 563 mean for ortho with a low of 408. I would say the above posters are correct, personality trumps scores.