Osteopathic Orthopedic Residency Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rezin385

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about how many total applicants there are for DO ortho residency each year? I remember a few years ago I stumbled across about 250 total applicants for about 80 spots. Now I can't find that website again.... I'm interested in seeing the results for this 2010 match. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think that there were 85 spots in the DO match this year. 3 went unmatched at this point. I think that there is at least 1 program with 1 spot in the DO world that does not participate in the match process (Florida?). As for number of applicants, I don't think students have direct access to that info (programs and schools do). Some programs I rotated at mentioned getting ~140 applicants, so I suspect the total number of applicants to Ortho is likely well over 200.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
how does ingham have an open spot...wow

I was also surprised by that. I heard that they had something like 80 students rotate through this year.

yep I know one of my friends matched there this year, but that's always been a very respected program FWIW

botsford does not have an open spot we were only offering 2 spots this year and they both filled

Kevin Frankel DO
Physician Director of Clerkship Botsford Hospital

So I noticed, and have been hearing, that a new DO program is opening in Kingsport, TN. It is now listed on opportunities website, but there is not any in depth info on the program as to when it will open, number of residents and so on. Has anyone else heard anything?