Osteopathic Orthopedic Surgery Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esth0001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering If Osteopathic Orthopedic surgeons are as respected as ACGME trained Orthopedic Surgeons? What are the differences? What is the difference between Osteopathic residency and ACGME residecny? so, After finishing Osteopathic Orthopedic residecny, Is it easy to find a job? or they prefer ACGME trained ortho surgeons?

THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

esth0001 said:
I was wondering If Osteopathic Orthopedic surgeons are as respected as ACGME trained Orthopedic Surgeons? What are the differences? What is the difference between Osteopathic residency and ACGME residecny? so, After finishing Osteopathic Orthopedic residecny, Is it easy to find a job? or they prefer ACGME trained ortho surgeons?

THANKS

No matter what you do in life there will always be people who look down on you and think that for whatever reason they are better than you. Pay them no attention.

MD or DO you will have to prove yourself. I am at a big university hospital doing ortho trauma right now with MD and DO Attendings and Residents and no distinction is made between the two, unless we are razzing each other in a fun way. Heck our foot and ankle guy and our hand guy (both DO's) made the "best in the city" award. (So did our 2 MD traumatologists.)

Most of the MD versus DO talk is just pre med hype, in reality once you are a resident and then an attending it comes down to who is the better surgeon.

just my 2cents

Reactions: 1 user