Osteopathic Peds Residents: Resolution 42 requirements?

Started by shotwell
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shotwell

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am DO intern in an ACGME program (not in one of the four states requiring a transitional year). I would like to preserve my chances of returning to one of those four states after residency for a possible fellowship. I know about resolution 42, and that there are some requirements I would have to do as electives during residency (a month of internal medicine, a month of peds surgery).
(1) Is there any way around these requirements? I would prefer to keep my elective months to prepare for fellowship.
(2) Is there a way to retroactively apply after one has completed residency?
Thanks!
 
If you mean applying to fellowship after being an attending for a few years, then yes, absolutely this is possible. Lots of people do it, and honestly I think it can really make you a stronger fellow.

I think s/he is referring to applying for resolution 42 after residency, like if after 10 years of practice s/he decides to move to Pennsylvania. I THINK you can do that, but why not just do it now and get it out of the way just in case? That's what I'm doing.