Osteopathic post-bac to allopathic med schools

Started by becool5
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

becool5

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,
If one does a program at an Osteopathic Medical school, like the PCOM program how does this look to Allopathic Medical schools? I realize folks go into these programs and apply to a number of different professional (and grad) schools, but do you think there would be a limitation on how an Allopathic medical school would view this? Any direct experience on this?
 
I was advised about 4 years back by the dean of admissions of a chicago medical school that when looking into programs I should attend a postbac program at a DO school only if I wanted to go to DO school.