osteopathic programs start in spring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Postictal Raiden

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any DO program that starts in spring instead of fall.

If there is one, do graduates have to waite half a year to match into a residency, or is there another matching system?

one more question, I heard that osteopathic graduates have the advantage of prematching. Is that true?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if there is any DO program that starts in spring instead of fall...

No, but at least one starts much earlier, like in the summertime, but doesn't end earlier.

one more question, I heard that osteopathic graduates have the advantage of prematching. Is that true?

Yes, DO graduates can sign a pre-match contract with ACGME residencies, as can foreign graduates.

Members don't see this ad :)
If there is one, do graduates have to waite half a year to match into a residency, or is there another matching system?

About 60% of DOs match ACGME, and most of the rest match DO residencies. The DO match is before the ACGME match. Why would there be a half-year wait?

About 60% of DOs match ACGME, and most of the rest match DO residencies. The DO match is before the ACGME match. Why would there be a half-year wait?

Based on the OP's premise that matriculation was in the Spring, thus throwing off the graduation/match synchronicity.

I am not sure. But i like ur name :)
Iben Alnafis is one of the best scientist in the Arab world:thumbup:

I am not sure. But i like ur name :)
Iben Alnafis is one of the best scientist in the Arab world:thumbup:

He was actually a combination of all the sciences. However, he excelled in medicine. He discovered the pulmonary circulation, and wrote his famous book The Comprehensive Book on Medicine which consists of 43 volumes. This book is still considered one of the largest medical refrences. I greatly admire his works.

MSUCOM starts June 25 (anatomy in the summer)