Osteopathic Psychiatrists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PublicHealth

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any DO psychiatrists in this forum? If so, which residency programs are you considering/currently in? Are prestigious allopathic psychiatry residencies out of reach for DO's?

Thank you!

PH

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by PublicHealth
Any DO psychiatrists in this forum? If so, which residency programs are you considering/currently in? Are prestigious allopathic psychiatry residencies out of reach for DO's?

Thank you!

PH

As far as I know...the most prestigious psyche residencies are attainable for anybody...MD/DO/IMG whatever...it's basically wide open if you are a solid candidate

Jason Park MS-IV
NSU-COM

not going into psyche btw..

I'm a fourth year allopathic student who matched into psych...

Just thought I would mention that I came across plenty of DOs in high-quality programs while I was interviewing...

As JasonDO said...as long as you are a solid applicant...you should not have too much problem getting a good residency.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a 3rd year allopathic student, but you might be interested to know that the chair of our psych department is a D.O.

Originally posted by Big Lebowski
I'm a fourth year allopathic student who matched into psych...

Just thought I would mention that I came across plenty of DOs in high-quality programs while I was interviewing...

As JasonDO said...as long as you are a solid applicant...you should not have too much problem getting a good residency.

Good luck!

I am glad to hear that we are in agreement dude...and one more thing...I don't role on friggin' sabbath...

Jackie Treehorn