Ostepathic Neurosurgery Program

Started by mpp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mpp

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reposting from the "Clinical Rotations" forum:

Hello everyone!!

The OUCOM/Doctors Hospital/Grant Medical Center Residency in Neurosurgery has been approved for 2 spots per year, and we are actively seeking motivated medical students to rotate through our program.

The majority of the time is spent at Grant Medical Center, the busiest Level I trauma center in the state of Ohio. We have a caseload of over 1,000 elective cases per year, including complex spine, peripheral nerve, tumor and vascular. We also have required 3-month rotations in pediatric neurosurgery through Childrens Hospital of Columbus.

Be the ultimate neurosurgical consultant!! Call Laura Volk at (614) 544-2089 for more information about the program as well as for scheduling a rotation.

Aaron Smith, D.O. PGY-3
pgr. (614) 242-6402
 
Sounds great. Are you currently a resident there? How do you like the program? Are electives absolutely required for application - almost every DO NS residency wants students to do electives but its next to impossible!

Good to hear from you.

Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys should also check out the program in Detroit. The web address is www.providence-hospital.org. Follow the links to GME (Graduate Medical Education) and the neurosurgery program. Our web page was recently put together and it has info about the program, residents and attendings.

Take care,


Ryan Barrett, D.O.
Neurosurgery Resident (PGY-5)
Michigan State University
Providence Hospital & Medical Centers
 
for the two people who posted info about the osteopathic sites, could you pm more information about your programs........I've heard of providence, but I am curious about the ohio one. I would also be willing to hear any advice you have to offer, I am a 3rd year from dmu, so I've already taken COMLEX and USMLE, so I am looking more for the you did ok on boards but not 99th percentile type advice!!!

thanks in advance guys.