1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

OSU Admissions

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by natush, Mar 29, 2004.

1. natush

natush Member
    10+ Year Member

I was wondering if anybody had an interview(or acceptance) from OSU school of pharmacy. I am not talking about early admissions. I applied in December and did not hear anything from them. This is the only school that interests me and that's why I want to see if I still have a chance for this year. Also, I want to ask what is the optimal time to apply to school(not for early admissions program). This is my third time applying to school. Before I was not serious about my future and did not really care about getting in, but now I am determined and motivated to become a pharmacist. I am sure that this is the job I want to do for the rest of my life. How can I strengthen my application for next year? I received a number of C grades in the past but have retaken those courses with much better results and currently hold a 3.29 overall. Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. VP_Pharm2004

VP_Pharm2004 Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Um, OSU? Do you mean Oregon State University, Oklahoma State University, or Ohio State University? Thanks

4. natush

natush Member
    10+ Year Member

Oregon State University
    Sorry for confusion.

5. VP_Pharm2004

VP_Pharm2004 Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I applied to OSU and turned in my PharmCAS application in October, and had all my recommendations complete at the beginning of December. I interviewed with them in late January and I have not heard anything from them yet and neither have my friends.

Last I heard, about 1,200 applicants this year and about 600 got flat out rejected without an interview. The final decisions will be made in 3 weeks and the class of 2008 will be complete. I'm not sure if the all the interviews are done, but they should be close to it.

I think the best thing for you to do is to volunteer your time at a pharmacy, if you don't already, and retake the classes in which you got Cs. Also, how many recommendations did you get? I know only 2 are required, but it's safe and better to get 4 recommendations, which is the maximum allowed. Also, you've got to show them that you want this and will not give up. The best way to do this, is to show that you're determined and motivated in your personal essay.

Hope that help! Good luck

6. ap97531

ap97531 Junior Member

i had my interview late january as well and still no word back from them, this is the only school i applied to so i hope good news is comming my way, wish you guys the best as well!