OSU advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evescadeceus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any OSU students out there who would be willing to share their experiences re: OSU (similar to the recent UCSD query)? Not just from a diversity standpoint (although this would also be appreciated), but also general impressions on how comfortable the enviroment is and degree of friendliness among students.

OSU's average MCAT score for admissions has been rising steadily, one point per year for the past three years (including the current year, for which scores have not yet been officially announced). Does this make the atmosphere more competitive? The increase in overall MCAT scores has paralleled an increasing number of students admitted from outside the Midwest. Have non-midwesterm students had difficulty adjusting/feeling at home at OSU?

Thoughtful opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Not a current student, but my recent interview there answered one of your questions, partially :)

They are pass/fail, though not certain for how long. I'd assume at least the first two years.

It was strange though. CWRU was very clear in their reasons for P/F - this was a big selling point for me there. But at OSU, P/F came up as an oh-by-the-way during my campus tour with students... Our speaker mentioned an uncompetitive environment during her presentation, but did not spell out that it was P/F. Guess it was implied?

I'm a 2nd year student at OSU -- the first 2 years are P/F. I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of cut-throat competition between students. In general it's a very supportive atmosphere -- as you alluded to, the P/F system helps in that regard.

As for being comfortable here, I feel right at home. I'm not from around here (Utah, actually) and didn't have problems adjusting at all. Feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

- Cameron

Members don't see this ad :)
OSU is Honors/P/F if i remember correctly. I do remember from atleast a year ago that this was the case.