OSU-COM Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted19731

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so Im interviewing on Nov. 14th at OSU but I haven't ever toured there or anything like that so Im kinda worried about my chances.

So....I guess my question is; Does anybody know the odds of being accepted if you interview at OSU pretty early?

I interview on Nov. 14 which I think might be the first day. OSU it totally my number 1, and I'd really like to be accepted there before I have to drop a thousand dollars on KCUMB on Dec. 14. That would literally completely break me.

Sorry for the rant.

I'm in the same place as you, except I haven't been invited yet. I still have a LOR that won't get there until the end of the week. They indicated that I would probably be invited once that comes in, though.

Have you sent them a letter explaining your situation?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, Im thinking about just mentioning it at the interview when I talk with the admissions staff.

That's good, but it might help you to write something more formal. I have had med students on SDN recommend that to me, and I did so this time. I think it would help if you write a letter to Leah Haines.

So....I guess my question is; Does anybody know the odds of being accepted if you interview at OSU pretty early?

OSU does rolling admissions, meaning that they accept people off of the waitlist every month. Basically, as long as you're not automatically rejected your chances of being accepted are theoretically better the earlier you interview b/c if you're waitlisted your application is reexamined and reconsidered regularly.

Lots of variables, though. My class had 4 people who were interviewed on the first date and 5-6 that interviewed on the last.

Definatly the earlier the better. I was in an early group back in the day and 4 out of 8 are in my class now. I dont' know if others got accepted and went elsewhere though.

I interview on Nov. 14 which I think might be the first day. OSU it totally my number 1, and I'd really like to be accepted there before I have to drop a thousand dollars on KCUMB on Dec. 14

You should know before then. They are good about letting you know fast, most know within 2 weeks of the interview, and if you mention to Leah Haines the reason you need to know by then she might be able to help you out.