OSU dilema

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoops123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i applied to OSU and just got an email today asking to fill out a supplemental app.
However they require physiology and I haven`t taken it yet and have no intention of taking it either.. I know how important it is to take it but im going in my fourth year and i`ve worked so hard to maintain my gpa to a 3.0 cause it was much lower and i know for a fact if i take that class its guna drop..
I have no problem with the course itself but at my uni that class is filled with pre-med nerds:) and its curved.......
and yes i can take it at another institution but i have a full course load both semesters so I know i wont be able to handle 5 courses at my uni on top of a
6th one at a diff institution..

does anyone know if i could still apply to OSU without it..
or any suggestions on what i should do. it is not my first choice but i already mailed them my optomcas.

Members don't see this ad.

i applied to OSU and just got an email today asking to fill out a supplemental app.
However they require physiology and I haven`t taken it yet and have no intention of taking it either.. I know how important it is to take it but im going in my fourth year and i`ve worked so hard to maintain my gpa to a 3.0 cause it was much lower and i know for a fact if i take that class its guna drop..
I have no problem with the course itself but at my uni that class is filled with pre-med nerds:) and its curved.......
and yes i can take it at another institution but i have a full course load both semesters so I know i wont be able to handle 5 courses at my uni on top of a
6th one at a diff institution..

does anyone know if i could still apply to OSU without it..
or any suggestions on what i should do. it is not my first choice but i already mailed them my optomcas.

haha me either. I just got the OSU app but I'm delaying it as well

Take the bullet for your future, that course is excellent for students in the healthcare field, how do you not want to know about hormones? Every student I have talked to about that class has told me that they loved it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also a senior this year and due to starting pre-optometry requirements the summer after my sophomore year and changing my major from math to neuroscience, I don't have time to take physiology, only anatomy. I called and just flat out asked if i could be admitted without it, and they said most likely not, because it was a required prereq, so I decided not to apply. they said that they could take into account special circumstances, but I didn't want to chance it

I am also a senior this year and due to starting pre-optometry requirements the summer after my sophomore year and changing my major from math to neuroscience, I don't have time to take physiology, only anatomy. I called and just flat out asked if i could be admitted without it, and they said most likely not, because it was a required prereq, so I decided not to apply. they said that they could take into account special circumstances, but I didn't want to chance it

Ya im kind of in a very similar problem. I already sent my optomcas but I don't think I will continue with the supplemental app.

You can take it anytime between now and next fall (when school starts). I called and asked a similar question. Of course, you can call and ask about your specific situation.

Why not take it next summer? Sure it might hurt your GPA, but you could certainly devote more time to it than you normally would and get a good grade. Besides you'll take it again in opto school, so a preview couldn't hurt.

When I talked to admissions reps, they said you can fulfill your prereq classes up until matriculation, even if this if after you graduate. I graduated from MD in may 2010 and had to take microbiology this summer since it wasn't included in my neurobiology program. Try seeing if it is available at a community college or online, I think as long as you take it in some way shape or form you should be ok. Since you have already paid to have you oat and OptomCAS sent there, it's worth it to follow through. It could turn out to be your first choice!