OSU interview question (Ohio State)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lgooden

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: Hello - I am getting a little anxious about interviews. I sent my supplemental application to OSU over Christmas break and have not heard anything since then except for an email stating that I should check the status on the pharmcas website. I have seen that several people have already had interviews at OSU and just wanted to know when you submitted your supplementals and how they contacted you to set up the interview? I would really like to go to OSU and I hope I get an interview there soon. Also, what exactly does this mean:

Please monitor the status of your admission application on the web by
visiting http://www.pharmcas.org/applicants/start.htm. Please allow
two
weeks before checking the application status web page.

This was in the email they sent me. I can see that my original app was mailed and the follow also with Fall grades, but is there a different page I should be checking? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I am a P-1 at Ohio State and I am a student interview ambassador. I can tell with certainty that not a lot of people have interviewed yet. The first interview day was Jan 14. There have only been 4 or 5 interview days so far with 12-15 students per interview day. Ohio State plans to interview at least 250 this year. It has not been that long since christmas break, but it won't hurt to keep in touch with the admissions counselor, Heather, to make sure your file is complete, etc. Also, you might want to contact her to make sure they received your supplemental. Good luck with everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

OSURxgirl, how many students among those 250 do you think will be accepted?
I have just recieved an interview letter and I am getting so nervous;;
Thanks alot!

Just out of curiosity cherryjubilee, when did you submit your supplemental?

I think it was 2 weeks before the deadline..
Sometime before christmas?

I received a mail from the post office.
It was in a regular sized envelope that was sort of thick(4 pages?).

Hey Cherryjubilee,
When you got your interview letter, how far in advance was it for? Did you get to pick from several dates, or were you assigned one?

They plan to accept between 150 and 180 to fill a class of 120. They plan on having a big waitlist this year as well.

I turned down an interview there. Hope this helps.

just found this forum... my interview at OSU is next friday (the 25th) and i stumbled here in my search for typical interview questions.

i'm starting to get nervous about the whole process. :eek:

i got a letter sometime in mid january and had to pick between the 25th and 26th for my interview.

Good luck at your interview next week zarafa! When did you guys (zarafa and fruit fly) submit your supplemental application?

hello there..i went on my interview at OSU on the 14th of jan and was accepted about 5 days later..i am very excited and just wanted to wish u all good luck interviewing there..it really isnt anything to be too stressed over..it was very laid back..good luck :)

ack! :eek: i just contacted heather about something unrelated and her response had a p.s. that said they didn't have my rec letters yet. talk about a panic attack!!

i told her one of my recommender's had already recieved the 'thank you' postcard which he passed on to me, and that i knew for sure my second had also sent one. (can't imagine my third wouldn't have mailed it, but i don't have proof)

she said her student assistant or someone couldn't find them but she'd look around. and she's out of the office tomorrow... so she'll get back with me on Thursday. :scared: they have to be somewhere but its going to drive me crazy until i hear for sure.

ok, ranting over.

lgooden, i got my interview letter before i submitted my supplemental app, which i only got a few weeks ago. but then i only submitted my pharmcas application a week or so before the deadline.

OhioRXgirl, Congrats!!! I hope to be so lucky. I thought my scores and such were pretty competetive until I came on here and saw how well everyone else had also done. but i'm just going to try to stay calm and see how it goes.

zarafa...too bad your interview is the 25th instead of the 26th...I'll be helping out with interviews on the 26th...oh well...I'm sure you'll get to meet some of my classmates!

By the way...Ohio State loves "situation" type interview questions, ie:

Describe a situation where you were forced to confront someone you didn't want to confront. How did you handle it?

What was the most difficult situation you've faced in your life? How did you cope?

They love things like that, so try to be able to come up with something.

Always have questions for them as well.

Review your personal statement. Know why you chose pharmacy and why you'd like to attend Ohio State.

Other than that, not much to be concerned about with the interview. Good luck.

OSURxgirl, thanks! I'll be sure to put some thought into those. I think those are the worst kind of questions to be unprepared for. And the hardest to come up with answers for sometimes.

OhioRxGirl (hard to keep you two straight!), what questions did they ask you?

I chose friday because it was in the afternoon and i figured i would be less of a basketcase if i there wasn't a chance i would oversleep. Not that i think i would have, had my interview been Saturday, but it is one less thing to worry about.

oh yeah, and Heather emailed back and said she found my rec letters. whew!

i was asked about my undergradate university and my undergraduate major (its toxicology so it is a little unique) and how i thought it would relate to pharmacy...they also asked me what my greatest achievement was...then i got to ask them questions i had...it was really laid back and my interviewers were very nice...

OhioRxGirl said:
i was asked about my undergradate university and my undergraduate major (its toxicology so it is a little unique) and how i thought it would relate to pharmacy...they also asked me what my greatest achievement was...then i got to ask them questions i had...it was really laid back and my interviewers were very nice...

To all of you who got the interview: Did you submit an secondary E-supplement submission on OSU website with another payment of $40?
I was asked to do so, does it mean anything?

thanks

Yes, you have to submit the secondary application. Though apparently its not absolutely neccessary to have it in to get the interview. I got my interview invite prior to sending mine in, but you will have to submit it and pay the 40$ at some point. I wouldn't put it off if you haven't already done it.

Have any of you got admission from OSU after your interview? Does anybody know how many seats has been filled?

Thanks