OSU interviews part II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

me285505

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I know I met a few people at OSU on Dec. 8th who are on SDN so I thought it'd be nice to get in touch with you guys since you're some potential future classmates. How did you think the OSU experience measured up to your other interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't been to that many interviews, but I had a great time! All of the other applicants were SO nice and it felt more like hanging out rather than a formal interview session (aside from everyone wearing suits...). So the people were incredibly friendly, but some of the interview questions were kind of intense. I felt my interview was quite formal and not so "just conversation-y". I know Heather said so, but I didn't quite catch it all - when are we supposed to hear back at the earliest? I know she said they could wait for a couple months, but also it could be a couple weeks??

I hope that is not the case; even waiting a week kills me. By the way, I LOVED THE SCHOOL.

Members don't see this ad :)
would you all mind sharing more about your interview experience? I applied to OSU as well as a couple other places. How many people interviewed you and how was the essay writing part? Was the topic mainly informal like what would you want to be in your next life or was it more technical?

would you all mind sharing more about your interview experience? I applied to OSU as well as a couple other places. How many people interviewed you and how was the essay writing part? Was the topic mainly informal like what would you want to be in your next life or was it more technical?

2 people interview you at the same time. and there is no essay writing part... unless you mean the supplemental? but there's no on site essay.

I absolutley LOVE OSU, it is by far my first choice. I think I remember Heather saying that the committee usually meets within a week or two and they'll tell you as soon as they know anything, even if it is just that they've decided to wait until they decide on your app. But then I heard some rumors that they didn't want to ruin anybody's holiday by telling them they weren't admited and might wait until after the holidays. But c'mon, I just want to know!

As far as the interview goes, OSU was my first interview, but it was such a positive experience. My interviewers were very easy to talk to and it was much more easygoing than I expected (although finding parking was hard! I was glad I left an hour early!)

2 people interview you at the same time. and there is no essay writing part... unless you mean the supplemental? but there's no on site essay.

I meant the on-site writing sample. Really? OSU doesn't have that? I thought they did. I heard something about the interviewee had 30 minutes to write a sample based on a topic they got on-site. They did that to compare your writing sample with your pharmacy and supplement essays, to see if you actually wrote your essays.

OSU did not have any writing portion at the interview. You'll do about a 25-30 minute interview with two faculty members and about a 10 minute file review with the admissions director to be sure that all of your prereqs are met.

So if that's all that's involved with the interview, why does it take 4 hours!!

So if that's all that's involved with the interview, why does it take 4 hours!!

haha, it doesn't really. It's all kind of luck of the draw... you get put in a certain order for interviews. If you are at the bottom of the list, you're stuck waiting around for everyone else in your group to get done - THEN you're there for hours. But everyone has to do the file review, and only Joe does that, so you're kind of waiting around anyway since he can only help one person at a time. Good news: they put cookies out.

So I just got back from the OSU interview and it went really well. My interviews were super nice and the one professor even knew my pharmacist that wrote my letter of rec! Overall a good experience.

did anyone get interviewed here, denied, then get sent a brochure about transferring?

it's a generic brochure that includes undergrad, and other grad programs. Do you think theyre encouraging something? Wonder how many people got this. On the osu pharm FAQ page, they say "on extremely rare" cases there have been people who transferred. more details about requirements for that there.

http://pharmacy.oregonstate.edu/futu...nts/pharmd/faq

did anyone get interviewed here, denied, then get sent a brochure about transferring?

it's a generic brochure that includes undergrad, and other grad programs. Do you think theyre encouraging something? Wonder how many people got this. On the osu pharm FAQ page, they say "on extremely rare" cases there have been people who transferred. more details about requirements for that there.

http://pharmacy.oregonstate.edu/futu...nts/pharmd/faq

I am pretty sure you have the wrong OSU. I think this thread is for The Ohio State University, not Oregon.

has anyone heard anything about financial aid from OSU? I've gotten letters from other schools, but not OSU yet...