OSU vs UNC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jm23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to pick between these two! At the end, I will obviously pick what feels right. However, I would appreciate any thoughts and opinions!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you a North Carolina resident or an Ohio resident? They're both great schools. I'm sure you'd get a great education from both. If it were me, I would go with UNC based on the warmer weather and its closer to my family. But then again, I hate the cold! lol
Also, which one is cheaper? There are so many factors that go into choosing a school. I'd recommend evaluating what is most important to you (i.e. cost of attendance, proximity to family, weather, curriculum, etc) and choosing based on which school matches what you want. Hope this helps!

Are you a North Carolina resident or an Ohio resident? They're both great schools. I'm sure you'd get a great education from both. If it were me, I would go with UNC based on the warmer weather and its closer to my family. But then again, I hate the cold! lol
Also, which one is cheaper? There are so many factors that go into choosing a school. I'd recommend evaluating what is most important to you (i.e. cost of attendance, proximity to family, weather, curriculum, etc) and choosing based on which school matches what you want. Hope this helps!

OOS to both, cost is pretty much the same, so just school vs school really!

Members don't see this ad :)
UNC was beautiful. brand new stuff everywhere and great faculty. Weather is wonderful and chapel hill is a real treat.

Ask about the alumni networks in the area/state where you intend to practice. Not the only factor, but important when trying to find a landing spot in 4 years. You can't make a mistake in either direction on the education and clinical experience, so look beyond the next 4 years.