OSU vs UT memphis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wildholdy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Could anyone offer a comparision/opinion on these two programs? I can't find much in the way of review for OSU. If you know the surgical numbers for both programs that would be a great start!
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Which program do you mean when you say OSU? And compare them for what purposes - surgical training, personality, fellowship opportunities? Are you trying to figure out how to rank them for this year's match? Trying to figure out which one to do an away rotation at?

Sorry I meant Ohio state program. Yeah how it's it compare as far as training quality, atmosphere, happiness of residents, how do the cities compare to live in. I'm trying to decide which one to go to for an interview (drop one for the other)

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you could go wrong with either program. Both are great. Ohio state has more residents (6 I think), Memphis has 4 each year. The Hamilton Eye Institute it Memphis is a top notch facility, and Ohio state has nice facilities as well. I think it is a difficult choice, but I heard many people on the interview trail speak highly of the Memphis program after they visited---even when they had a biased view of Memphis before they went.

Yeah from what I've seen Memphis is a great program, but I'm worried about how Memphis would be for my wife and kid. I think Columbus may be more family friendly perhaps. Also have not able to find out if th residents at osu are happy. I know call 1st yr is super busy