OSU: where do optometry students live?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

staceyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey..

I'm going to be a first year opt student at OSU this coming fall and I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on where opt students live. Are there any areas that are mostly grad students? What areas should I stay away from? Does anyone know any good landlords or know anyone who needs a roommate/housemate?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Some grad students live in the grandview/arlington/victorian village areas. Others live on campus and right near the opt school...I live half a block away from the opt school in an apartment building full of students and I pay $335/month for a studio. A one bedroom is $350/month (that's pretty normal rent here for a one bedroom). Where you are looking to live--Gateway apartments--the rent is about as high as you can possibly find in Columbus. I wouldn't shell out that kinda $ myself, but it is VERY nice...It would be a safe bet for your first year, and then you could see what else is out there.

Hey..

I'm going to be a first year opt student at OSU this coming fall and I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on where opt students live. Are there any areas that are mostly grad students? What areas should I stay away from? Does anyone know any good landlords or know anyone who needs a roommate/housemate?

Thanks!

Stay away from anywhere east of High Street. There will be a list of people looking for roommates sent to you from OSU in one of their newsletters, and you can be included on the list if you are seeking roommates too.