• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

staceyes

10+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hey..

I'm going to be a first year opt student at OSU this coming fall and I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on where opt students live. Are there any areas that are mostly grad students? What areas should I stay away from? Does anyone know any good landlords or know anyone who needs a roommate/housemate?

Thanks!

Tortugabebe

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometry Student
Some grad students live in the grandview/arlington/victorian village areas. Others live on campus and right near the opt school...I live half a block away from the opt school in an apartment building full of students and I pay $335/month for a studio. A one bedroom is $350/month (that's pretty normal rent here for a one bedroom). Where you are looking to live--Gateway apartments--the rent is about as high as you can possibly find in Columbus. I wouldn't shell out that kinda $ myself, but it is VERY nice...It would be a safe bet for your first year, and then you could see what else is out there.

leelee

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hey..

I'm going to be a first year opt student at OSU this coming fall and I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on where opt students live. Are there any areas that are mostly grad students? What areas should I stay away from? Does anyone know any good landlords or know anyone who needs a roommate/housemate?

Thanks!

Stay away from anywhere east of High Street. There will be a list of people looking for roommates sent to you from OSU in one of their newsletters, and you can be included on the list if you are seeking roommates too.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.