-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
OSU's MEDPATH
Started by GoingDaDistance
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just sent in my app on Thursday. I really hope I get accepted, this program would be perfect for me. (and i assume you too)
ha. I hope we both get in premedsoldja! 😀
Do you know anything about the MCAT requirement for the program that has been discussed in similar threads!?!?
Also, where are you from? Im from Cali. and currently wishing I was from a less competitive state.... 🙁
Do you know anything about the MCAT requirement for the program that has been discussed in similar threads!?!?
Also, where are you from? Im from Cali. and currently wishing I was from a less competitive state.... 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm from wisconsin. i just interviewed there on friday, and i'm pretty sure i have no shot since their average stats are unbelievably better than mine. The Ohio State program is perfect for me though, I could really use the year in between to enhance my study skills...
...I'm confused. You interviewed there for the MEDPATH program? Or the regular M.D. program?
Regardless, what did you think of OSU's medical program?
Have you gotten any acceptances to other M.D. programs?
Regardless, what did you think of OSU's medical program?
Have you gotten any acceptances to other M.D. programs?
Anybody applying to the GEMs program!?!?
Georgetown vs. Ohio St., whats your guys' pick?!? =)
Georgetown vs. Ohio St., whats your guys' pick?!? =)
sorry i didn't clarify earlier. I interviewed at my state school (less htan zero chance of getting in my numbers are supremely sub-par) a week or two ago.
I have a question guys. In order to apply to programs like Ohio STate's Medpath and Georgetowns' GEMS, do you have to already applied to med school thru AMCAS? Or do they have seperate applications? I know the GEMS has seperate application, but they require you to have been denied admission or soemthin like that.?
What about ohio STate's Medpath?
What about ohio STate's Medpath?
Well MEDPATH like GEMS requires an application to apply to their program.
Anyone who applies to Georgetown through AMCAS can apply to GEMS - but they note that they are moslty seeking individuals who are minorities, economically disadvataged, etc. However, for MEDPATH you have to be invited - a invitation that usually comes after they tell you, you have failed to gain entry to the casual MD program.
Keep in mind though, the deadline to turn in the MEDPATH application for this cycle has already came and went ( I think it was feb. 16th). But the GEMS application deadline is in March (I wanna say the 16th as well actually)...
Did you get a chance to apply to either!?!? =)
Anyone who applies to Georgetown through AMCAS can apply to GEMS - but they note that they are moslty seeking individuals who are minorities, economically disadvataged, etc. However, for MEDPATH you have to be invited - a invitation that usually comes after they tell you, you have failed to gain entry to the casual MD program.
Keep in mind though, the deadline to turn in the MEDPATH application for this cycle has already came and went ( I think it was feb. 16th). But the GEMS application deadline is in March (I wanna say the 16th as well actually)...
Did you get a chance to apply to either!?!? =)
No, I am taking my first official MCAT this May, so I dont have an AAMC app. I thought maybe they didn't require it to apply to GEMS or MEDPATH. I know there is another program in IL called MEDPREP, which is a postbacc for minorities that does not even require the MCAT to apply. Anyway, best of luck to all of you who applied. Let us know how it turns out!
oh, i see... Well, good luck HippocratesX! 👍
For those who turned in applications - Anybody hear anything yet?
Hey guys, I just got a notification for an interview for MEDPATH April 9th... Anyone else hear any news!?!?
email....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Um, I believe i sent in my application on February 1st.
Out of curiousity Where are you from sunkis? I'm from California, and am interested in how many out of state applicants are applying...
...Private message me if you rather not share with all... 🙂
Out of curiousity Where are you from sunkis? I'm from California, and am interested in how many out of state applicants are applying...
...Private message me if you rather not share with all... 🙂
congrats GoingDaDistance! I sent in my app on Feb. 16th (the due date deadline) so I doubt i'm gonna get an interview but i wish you all the best!
Thanks Premedsoldja! I can really use the encouragement! 😀
Don't worry, I will be praying that you and sunkis get good news soon enough... 👍
Don't worry, I will be praying that you and sunkis get good news soon enough... 👍