• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

GoingDaDistance

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Los Angeles ---> Columbus, Ohio.
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Ok guys, who is applying? and who has gotten interviews/acceptances? Anyone want to share their experiences of the program? =)

I think Cheryl (from OSU) told me they start interviewing in April... Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance!

premedsoldja

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I just sent in my app on Thursday. I really hope I get accepted, this program would be perfect for me. (and i assume you too)

GoingDaDistance

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
ha. I hope we both get in premedsoldja! :D

Do you know anything about the MCAT requirement for the program that has been discussed in similar threads!?!?

Also, where are you from? Im from Cali. and currently wishing I was from a less competitive state.... :(

About the Ads

premedsoldja

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i'm from wisconsin. i just interviewed there on friday, and i'm pretty sure i have no shot since their average stats are unbelievably better than mine. The Ohio State program is perfect for me though, I could really use the year in between to enhance my study skills...

GoingDaDistance

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
...I'm confused. You interviewed there for the MEDPATH program? Or the regular M.D. program?

Regardless, what did you think of OSU's medical program?

Have you gotten any acceptances to other M.D. programs?

premedsoldja

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
sorry i didn't clarify earlier. I interviewed at my state school (less htan zero chance of getting in my numbers are supremely sub-par) a week or two ago.

HippocratesX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2002
Status (Visible)
I have a question guys. In order to apply to programs like Ohio STate's Medpath and Georgetowns' GEMS, do you have to already applied to med school thru AMCAS? Or do they have seperate applications? I know the GEMS has seperate application, but they require you to have been denied admission or soemthin like that.?

What about ohio STate's Medpath?

GoingDaDistance

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Well MEDPATH like GEMS requires an application to apply to their program.

Anyone who applies to Georgetown through AMCAS can apply to GEMS - but they note that they are moslty seeking individuals who are minorities, economically disadvataged, etc. However, for MEDPATH you have to be invited - a invitation that usually comes after they tell you, you have failed to gain entry to the casual MD program.

Keep in mind though, the deadline to turn in the MEDPATH application for this cycle has already came and went ( I think it was feb. 16th). But the GEMS application deadline is in March (I wanna say the 16th as well actually)...

Did you get a chance to apply to either!?!? =)

HippocratesX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2002
Status (Visible)
No, I am taking my first official MCAT this May, so I dont have an AAMC app. I thought maybe they didn't require it to apply to GEMS or MEDPATH. I know there is another program in IL called MEDPREP, which is a postbacc for minorities that does not even require the MCAT to apply. Anyway, best of luck to all of you who applied. Let us know how it turns out!

sunkis

10+ Year Member
May 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I applied since early january and still have not heard anything yet. When did you apply?

GoingDaDistance

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Um, I believe i sent in my application on February 1st.

Out of curiousity Where are you from sunkis? I'm from California, and am interested in how many out of state applicants are applying...

...Private message me if you rather not share with all... :)

premedsoldja

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
congrats GoingDaDistance! I sent in my app on Feb. 16th (the due date deadline) so I doubt i'm gonna get an interview but i wish you all the best!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.