OT: Favorite Websites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irish80122

DCT at Miss State U.
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spend A LOT of time online, and I find a lot of really cool things (and I assume you all are the same way) so I thought I would start a thread to see what some of your favorite websites are. I have tons, so I will have to limit myself, but I just thought I would throw this out there as it may be fun and you may learn about a website you don't know about.

One of my new favorites is Yahoo Answers which can be found at answers.yahoo.com. This is a site where people can ask their questions about pretty much anything and get responses from the masses. Overall it seems pretty good, though one trend I did pick up on is the answer that the person usually selects as the top answer (which I think has to do with who becomes a top contributor) is usually what the person wants to hear. Other than that though, it may be worth checking out if you are bored sometime. They do have a psychology section which, with any luck, is located here... http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=ask&more=y&sid=396545305

EDIT: Of course, as you know, be careful what you choose to post if you do post. I personally avoid the psych ones because I don't want to act like an online therapist, nor should I. However, there may be some questions you can help with ethically if you are in a giving mood. There is also quite a bit of mis-information out there!

Members don't see this ad.

I have nothing to add that would be of any professional use to anyone here.

However, when you need a break from psychology and want to laugh until you piss yourself, I recommend the following:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/all/

http://www.seanbaby.com/

and the king of them all:
http://www.thewavemag.com/pagegen.php?pagename=seanbaby

That last link is possibly the single greatest collection of writings the world has ever seen. I personally recommend "Turkish Wizard of Oz" to get you started. Italian Star Wars and Turkish E.T. are also highly recommended.

Hope someone enjoys:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sometimes what you really need is a website that helps you blow off steam, so I think these are helpful. They are certainly fun :). Keep up the good work!

Have I mentioned that I am also addicted to Youtube and may soon start a Youtube channel? Anyone on Youtube?

i guess i'll state the obvious:

gmail
yahoomail
espn
bankofamerica

lol. i sometimes play pacman

Although none of the following exist yet, here are the websites I envision various SDN Psychology members creating (I will use the notation "w--." so no one at this time attempt to link to these:

1. RayneeDeigh:
w--.sendmeyoursocks.com You provide the socks and she creates the puppet.
w--.tattoome.com (cut and paste your favorite tattoos on the Raynster!)

2. Irish 80122:
w--.orangemountaineer.com - devoted to Irish nationalists living in Morgantown, WV, who are first cousins and married.

3. Brightness:
w--.pickmyfuture.com She is willing to do any career as long as you select it.

4. Ollie123:
w--.buyapsychlab.com - Ollie creates the first site devoted to buying and seling psychology labs (PI's and RA included).

5. Tkj:
w--.watchmeeat.com - With a satelite webcam hook-up you can watch Tkj eat his way around the world - even while rock climbing in Latin America. WARNING: Keep you hands away from his mouth!

6. Therapist4Chnge:
w--.StudentPsychologyNetwork.com - T4C finally realized that he was running SDN Psychology and so started his own rival site. Behaviorists stay away!

7. Paramour:
w--.illicitloving.com - As her name implies, life is about trysts.

8. Quynh2007:
w--.thingsyoucandipinchocolate.com Those chocolate covered strawberries look delicious!

9. BMBiology:
w--.firsts.com Who is that you ask? The first ever poster on SDN Psychology (6/30/2003 - whoops, we all missed the anniversary!) has a site to document people who jump on board of things first.

10. Lakewood:
w--.namealakewood.com How many Lakewoods can you name? In NewJersey and Ohio. This site tracks all Lakewoods around the world.

11. Sorg:
w--.dancingbananas.com Sorg explains what makes a banana dance from a neuropsychological perspective.

12. Joepa69
w--.getoutofjailfreecard.com Worried about a criminal record when you apply for schools and jobs? Use Joepa69's freecard and you do not have to worry. He does not guarantee it but hey, it works in Monopoly and it only costs $29.95!

13. PsyKardinal:
w--.thingstodowithyourcutoffear.com Inspired by the Van Gogh picture used on SDN, PsyKardinal offers wonderful suggestions are the best way to make use of your own cut off ear.

14. GiantSteps (myself):
w--.missoutofpsychgradschool.com I offer every trick in the book to mess-up your psychology applications so that you never get to go to school. Enough time on my site and you simply turn into a psych. patient/ client.

Ooo, I like mine! (though I wonder what that says about me....)

Although none of the following exist yet, here are the websites I envision various SDN Psychology members creating (I will use the notation "w--." so no one at this time attempt to link to these:

I'm impressed that you can remember the eccentricities about that many SDNers. :thumbup:

I am impressed too, very nice work. However, my website is going to be a listing of all the Notre Dame fans (hence the Irish) that live in West Virginia and still root for ND hoping that no one remembers that ND beat WVU for the national title in 1988. Yes, I will track all 5 of us.

I do love the list...are you sure yours isn't a psych version of Google? Psygle? That doesn't work, I will work on it...

Bank of America? Please say you don't go there for fun :)...well, unless your account is growing crazily.

hahaha, I wish, no, I accidently opened a stupid ebay phishing email a little while ago and put in my password before I knew what was happening. since all my passwords were variations of that, I freaked out, and went to a different computer to change it, but I'm still paranoid that someone is keytracking my computer at this time too so I go on my bank's website at least once a day at my school's library to check and make sure someone's not making off with my meager money because what I love most about it is that I'm able to see changes made to my account immediately posted.

and thank you giant step, but it's actually the other way around, because it's the strawberry that makes or break the food....like strawberry shortcake...heaven! The only thing I ever order at sonic is a strawberry fruit slushee, etc. so yeah, i love strawberries.