You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
OT: Fitocracy! Let's get in shape.
Started by primatevetjess
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Lol I am totally failing. Have been busy AND lazy while wrapping up a lot of stuff. I do have a 5k this weekend. Will be entertaining
I was totally debating running tonight, but forced myself into it since I have the Savage Race in just a little bit over a month. Starting to not be super worried about the running part and more worried about the obstacles since I haven't been able to go to my CrossFit gym as much as I would like to this summer because of work. I might attempt to go to some 5:30 AM classes next week because it's Hero Week but I'm soooo not that kind of morning person...
I was totally debating running tonight, but forced myself into it since I have the Savage Race in just a little bit over a month. Starting to not be super worried about the running part and more worried about the obstacles since I haven't been able to go to my CrossFit gym as much as I would like to this summer because of work. I might attempt to go to some 5:30 AM classes next week because it's Hero Week but I'm soooo not that kind of morning person...
Yeah, I mean I can do the 5k, won't run it all. Mostly there is just SO much to get done before moving. Everything is more a priority for now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I mean I can do the 5k, won't run it all. Mostly there is just SO much to get done before moving. Everything is more a priority for now.
Totally understand that. I just switched apartments and feel the same way. I feel like I still need to buy things, unpack, clean, transfer the cable/internet. But I also want time for myself to go shopping because I haven't treated myself to new clothing in like a year. I also feel like I need to constantly be training my dog during my free time since he's going to be pet sat in like a week or so I want him to have manners, which he does for the most part but I don't want to be judged.
Late to the new party...Logged in some info on my account! 🙂 Hopefully I'll keep it up better this time (both the exercising AND the logging).
Yay!
Yay!
I'm game! I really need to start eating healthier.
My app isn't letting me log my workouts 😡
it is going to be so sad when all the running base i built up is destroyed in a matter of 4 weeks of SA internal med and I am running in a 5K at the very end of it. 🙁
(I'm going to try my hardest to keep running at least 2-3x/week but 14 hour days at the teaching hospital might put a damper on it ugh)
(I'm going to try my hardest to keep running at least 2-3x/week but 14 hour days at the teaching hospital might put a damper on it ugh)
The challenge started... and then I just spent the weekend and half the week camping in the mountains: white water rafting, eating s'mores and getting drunk. 🙄 Getting back on my half marathon training as of tomorrow.
I sat in a car for 13 hours. Couldn't find that on the preprogrammed workouts....
My app isn't letting me log my workouts 😡
The iPhone app is so freaking slow and can be buggy. I have just started to wait until I get home from the gym to log my stuff.
Just an FYI, Run Keeper syncs with Fitocracy. So if you use that to log runs, then it will import to your Fitocracy app once linked and all you have to do is go in and "end workout." I am not sure what other programs does this, I am sure there are others out there.
E
Escalla
Vacation is done....I need to get on this. Getting out of vacation mode is proving difficult lol.
I can't get any running/cycling apps to find GPS on my phone 🙁
Well..... Yesterday we had a party of all day eating and today? 5k. Going to be fun
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welp. I WAS going to go on a nice long walk with the dog tonight after work. Went out to go lock up cows amd there's a t-storm moving in. Checked radar and looks like it will stay for about 2-3 hrs. Lame.
Just joined! Great site.
bump
I'm joining but I can only do limited lower body stuff
I'm joining but I can only do limited lower body stuff
Crap, I kind of forgot about this site. Guess I'll get back to it after I start school! 😳
Crap, I kind of forgot about this site. Guess I'll get back to it after I start school! 😳
No worries. I was just on vacation and all I did was drink and eat so I need to get started up again next week.
No worries. I was just on vacation and all I did was drink and eat so I need to get started up again next week.
👍
BAH! I keep forgetting to log in and record my workouts!
I'm getting a new home workout in the mail this week! T-25 with Shaun T! So excited!!! (can you tell? 😉 haha)
I'm getting a new home workout in the mail this week! T-25 with Shaun T! So excited!!! (can you tell? 😉 haha)
BAH! I keep forgetting to log in and record my workouts!
I'm getting a new home workout in the mail this week! T-25 with Shaun T! So excited!!! (can you tell? 😉 haha)
I keep forgetting too!!! And I've been doing a lot lately haha
BAH! I keep forgetting to log in and record my workouts!
I'm getting a new home workout in the mail this week! T-25 with Shaun T! So excited!!! (can you tell? 😉 haha)
You've remembered now. 😛 No excuse not to have anything added in today!I keep forgetting too!!! And I've been doing a lot lately haha
I think I like Fitocracy. I'll convince my boyfriend to join tonight once he gets off work. He's been wanting to exercise more, and this might be a way to motivate him.
How's everyone doing? I started C25K and just finished week 2, day 2. I really really suck at running. Has anyone else done this program?
How's everyone doing? I started C25K and just finished week 2, day 2. I really really suck at running. Has anyone else done this program?
I did it last summer as part of my rehab from knee surgery. I didn't care much for running when I started but by the time I finished the program and ran my first 5K, I was hooked. I'm still not a fast runner. LOL. 😀
If you have some spare time, I highly recommend a consultation with a reputable running store - they should be able to videotape you running for a short distance and then help you fix your form so that you move as efficiently as possible without hurting yourself (form wise). I've done that twice now and will probably go for a third time next spring - I want to be able to run a half marathon instead of run/walk.
Just finished the Savage Race. Brutal but fun. First obstacle was swimming through a pool filled with ice and it was only 53 degrees out. It was rightfully call the "Shriveled Richard" No sun and it was pretty breezy out. Every single one of my joints hurt and I'm going to have some serious bruises, but I'll totally do it again next year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My motivation to get up and run this morning was that I finally got my new running shoes yesterday 🙂 It's the little things!
Lagging on workouts 🙁 and when I do workout I forgot to log...
Will do better this week!
Will do better this week!
Lagging on workouts 🙁 and when I do workout I forgot to log...
Will do better this week!
Will do better this week!
Sucking on workouts.....maybe when app stuff is done
Started back into lifting yesterday. I did barbell squats, deadlifts, and bench press. I'm way out of practice, and today: ow ow ow oowwww.
And I'm supposed to run this evening. 🙁
And I'm supposed to run this evening. 🙁
Started back into lifting yesterday. I did barbell squats, deadlifts, and bench press. I'm way out of practice, and today: ow ow ow oowwww.
And I'm supposed to run this evening. 🙁
😍😍 deadlifts.
😍😍 deadlifts.
Haha, me too! I actually really love lifting, I'm just so out of shape right now and the pain is aawwwwful.
Haha, me too! I actually really love lifting, I'm just so out of shape right now and the pain is aawwwwful.
Epsom salt bath!
Ooh this is a great idea! I've been stressed over finishing up my masters the last few months, I completely stopped working out... Determined to get in shape before the dancing season starts up properly, definitely joining this!