OT Grad School Admissions--Competitive?

Started by Music333
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Music333

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How competitive is grad school admissions for OT, especially for the top-ranked schools like Boston and Wash U? If I have a 3.7 gpa, decent recommendations, and volunteering/shadowing hours, should I be okay? Should I be freaking out?
 
I got into the doctorate of OT program in Wash Univ and the Dual degree program in Univ of St. Aug. with a 3.4 overall GPA... I had solid GRE scores though and solid recommendations!

GOOD luck!
 
Not sure which schools you are considering but here's what I got in with:

I'm an OTD student at USC. I got in with a 3.7 GPA and an OTR/L (already a practicing therapist). If you have less than stellar grades and test scores, I suggest asking around in this forum about the acceptance rates at other schools. $$ is also a significant factor as USC costs $1100/unit.