OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh yes... absolutely that happened to us, as well. I got slapped with a company grade Article 15 for insubordination because I directly contradicted my XO and took one of my joes to the medic hut who was showing serious signs of becoming a serious heat casualty.

The amount of irresponsibility masquerading around as "hard coreness" and "being high speed" is disgusting.

wow, depending on circumstances, I'd consider refusing the article 15 and demanding a court martial for that - course I was a medic so had a bit more pull in situations like that. Your medic - and through him your medical officer should have had your back... For the most part when it comes to a patient - medical personnel usually "outrank" any non-medical personnel when not in a combat zone.
 
wow, depending on circumstances, I'd consider refusing the article 15 and demanding a court martial for that - course I was a medic so had a bit more pull in situations like that. Your medic - and through him your medical officer should have had your back... For the most part when it comes to a patient - medical personnel usually "outrank" any non-medical personnel when not in a combat zone.

my 1SG was particularly sensitive about any "mommy-daddy" things like that. I disobeyed a direct order, and I took my lumps. The CO definitely went light on it, 7 days extra duty and didn't take any pay. I did the extra duty happily knowing that I might've saved Pvt Snuffy out there.

In the long run it was minuscule... but I definitely played roulette a bit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my 1SG was particularly sensitive about any "mommy-daddy" things like that. I disobeyed a direct order, and I took my lumps. The CO definitely went light on it, 7 days extra duty and didn't take any pay. I did the extra duty happily knowing that I might've saved Pvt Snuffy out there.

In the long run it was minuscule... but I definitely played roulette a bit.

7 days ED with nothing else, that's a slap on the wrist - sounds to me like your CO agreed with you but didn't have the balls to assert his position...

I would have been like... I just saved you from having a major preventable injury under your command... and you're going to article 15 me for it???
course no one wants to take the risk of going against a medic's advice and then having something bad happen...
 
Right. At the time, my only official capacity was command language program manager (CLPM) and I was attached to 1st Cav as a tactical human intelligence collector. Hardly anyone who could make official medical decisions.

I think my CO, who was a delight CPT and a great person, did not have the gumption to really disagree with 1SG of the Co, as you suggested.

It all worked out,and I earned the respect of my joes who I had only recently taken under my command as the PSG.

Aw hell, talking like this really makes me want to go back. And that's bad.

😎
 
Happy Memorial Day everyone!

I'm thinking about switching to Verizon myself, only because I get a 20 percent discount for working at Publix and I currently have ATT which is great but kind of expensive (my bill is over 100/month)
 
Happy Memorial Day everyone!

I'm thinking about switching to Verizon myself, only because I get a 20 percent discount for working at Publix and I currently have ATT which is great but kind of expensive (my bill is over 100/month)

You can text for free with other verizon customers. You can add like 10 numbers from other carriers that you contact a lot and it will be free, too. I always have service with Verizon and their customer service doesn't seem good on the surface, but if you complain, they give you free ****.
 
Haha sounds good to me! I only talk to less than 10 people regularly anyway! Lol. Free **** is nice also... Comcast is horrible so my mom does that with her internet and cable. She normally gets a credit each month when she loses service.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ugh....just got home and somehow my two dogs had gotten into the pantry and ate half a bag of chocolate candy....they're both big dogs and didn't eat too much, so i'm not terribly concerned about toxicity....but it sure does suck to come home to wrappers and chocolate smudges all over my kitchen floor....not to mention chocolate doggy puke :barf:...why did they go after the chocolate and not the beef jerky? that's what i'm wondering!!!!
 
I once left my cats alone for 3 days with a bag of chocolate covered strawberries on the table that my dad's friend left there without my knowledge. The cats normally eat all bowls of food I leave out within the first day and then try to tear apart the apartment looking for more food (to the point I had to tie the pantry knobs together so they couldn't rip open the bags).

So I freaked out all 3 days surely expecting to return and find 2 chocolate covered cats near death due to theobromine poisoning. Luckily they tore open the bag, shredded the paper into microscopic bits, scattered the strawberries all over the floor, but didn't dare to take one bite.:scared:

They will pretty much turn the trashcan over to dig out any discarded meat or fish, but for some reason they know better than to eat fruit, candy, or other stuff that could hurt them.
 
They will pretty much turn the trashcan over to dig out any discarded meat or fish, but for some reason they know better than to eat fruit, candy, or other stuff that could hurt them.

that's a relief...my father in law came over to visit and left his bag of pill bottles on the floor....i was at school, but when my husband came home he found several pill bottles chewed up and pills scattered around the floor....:scared: yea my poor baby had to get her stomach pumped that day....
 
I once left my cats alone for 3 days with a bag of chocolate covered strawberries on the table that my dad's friend left there without my knowledge. The cats normally eat all bowls of food I leave out within the first day and then try to tear apart the apartment looking for more food (to the point I had to tie the pantry knobs together so they couldn't rip open the bags).

So I freaked out all 3 days surely expecting to return and find 2 chocolate covered cats near death due to theobromine poisoning. Luckily they tore open the bag, shredded the paper into microscopic bits, scattered the strawberries all over the floor, but didn't dare to take one bite.:scared:

They will pretty much turn the trashcan over to dig out any discarded meat or fish, but for some reason they know better than to eat fruit, candy, or other stuff that could hurt them.

Nerd 😛 :laugh:
 
Nerd 😛 :laugh:

No, this is nerdy.

It's a PDE inhibitor (since it's a methylxanthine) in the cAMP pathway :laugh:

Xanthine
images


Dimethylxanthine (theobromine)
images


350px-Caffeine_metabolites.svg.png

- This looks like N-dealkylation. More specifically, N-demethylation :laugh:
 
Last edited:
No, this is nerdy.

It's a PDE inhibitor (since it's a methylxanthine) in the cAMP pathway :laugh:

Xanthine
images


Dimethylxanthine (theobromine)
images


350px-Caffeine_metabolites.svg.png

- This looks like N-dealkylation. More specifically, N-demethylation :laugh:

🤣🤣🤣

Is it nerdy that when I first saw your caffeine molecule, but before looking at the part below, I was thinking - "should have drawn it the other way so the similarity between the two is easier to see" ?
 
So as hard as it is to admit, some pitbulls are in fact genetically programmed to be dog- aggressive. My dog is a prime example. Never abused, trained via positive reinforcement since puppyhood, socialized well with other dogs and people. And yet... recently started to show signs of dog aggression.
 
So as hard as it is to admit, some pitbulls are in fact genetically programmed to be dog- aggressive. My dog is a prime example. Never abused, trained via positive reinforcement since puppyhood, socialized well with other dogs and people. And yet... recently started to show signs of dog aggression.

your sentence should read: as hard as it is to admit some DOGS are in fact genetically programmed to be dog-aggressive. dog aggression is present in all breeds, it's just that with pit bulls it's much scarier because of the damage that they can do...they are sooo strong! what's your dog doing? what type of situations seem to provoke your dog?

as soon as i got pit bulls my mom made it her mission to convince me to get rid of them....she forever sends me articles about freak pit bull accidents, and maulings...i always reciprocate by sending her freak toy-breed maulings ie a poodle who's owner was diabetic and couldn't feel her feet....and didn't notice while her dog chewed away at her toes 😱
 
Which one do you think is better?

What are the places you're looking at?

number two, the kitchen alone is sexy

These slightly dumpy 3 BR houses with a yard for like $1300. I want a yard for the dog and the wife has kinda nixed living in an apartment building due to some problems with neighbors the last few years. Can't say I disagree there.

Might do a townhome, but I'm not sure. Doesn't help I don't know much about the area I'm moving to.
 
I love the Palm Pre. Sprint is ok...but if I could, I'd switch to Verizon as they now offer the Pre.

I can't wait to see what kind of **** Palm can do with that new HP money.

HP said they will be putting WebOS on printers and a tablet. Seems like a waste to me. I hope they continue to progress on their phones. WebOS is awesome but the phone hardware (no offense) is questionable.
 
Ok, so I decided to switch and add myself to my dads Sprint plan. The new Evo 4g is coming out this Friday. Anyone know anything about this phone?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/19/htc-evo-4g-review/
http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/05/31/htc-evo-4g-sprint-review/
http://www.slashgear.com/htc-evo-4g-review-2486586/


big ass screen
love the red interior that bleeds through
kick stand is gimmicky
sense ui is cool but i prefer vanilla

i currently have the nexus one and the android OS is awesome! i want to move to vzn or sprint to get their newer android devices but having a $3 data plan on t-mobile is too awesome to give up
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
your sentence should read: as hard as it is to admit some DOGS are in fact genetically programmed to be dog-aggressive. dog aggression is present in all breeds, it's just that with pit bulls it's much scarier because of the damage that they can do...they are sooo strong! what's your dog doing? what type of situations seem to provoke your dog?

as soon as i got pit bulls my mom made it her mission to convince me to get rid of them....she forever sends me articles about freak pit bull accidents, and maulings...i always reciprocate by sending her freak toy-breed maulings ie a poodle who's owner was diabetic and couldn't feel her feet....and didn't notice while her dog chewed away at her toes 😱
You are right, my dog was a runt and he's still a ball of solid muscle. No outstanding situation seem to trigger him. It used to be that he ran to the dog park wagging his tail and played literally with everyone. Now, he'd go over there, check out who's in it and start growling really aggressively at some dogs through the fence when those are just trying to come and sniff him and sometimes they even try to lick him lol. He'd gotten into a couple of fights recently, too. Not like anyone was hurt, but it's scary to watch. They go at it lightning fast and you have no freaking idea what the hell happened until it's over.
He never turns onto us though and he's a hyooooouge ball fanatic, like he gets that crazy eye every time he sees a ball.
 
This is the most ****ed up thing I've ever read. No hyperbole. This **** makes me want to vomit.

Walk into scenes like that daily in Iraq.

Surprising to see it happen in the states, though. I rather wish the article came with crime scene photos, but the commentary will need to suffice.

Moral of the story is to not do shrooms, I guess? And it comes with a useful lesson: You can live while your heart has been ripped out of you.
 
You are right, my dog was a runt and he's still a ball of solid muscle. No outstanding situation seem to trigger him. It used to be that he ran to the dog park wagging his tail and played literally with everyone. Now, he'd go over there, check out who's in it and start growling really aggressively at some dogs through the fence when those are just trying to come and sniff him and sometimes they even try to lick him lol. He'd gotten into a couple of fights recently, too. Not like anyone was hurt, but it's scary to watch. They go at it lightning fast and you have no freaking idea what the hell happened until it's over.
He never turns onto us though and he's a hyooooouge ball fanatic, like he gets that crazy eye every time he sees a ball.

when dogs are little they usually are submissive especially toward other dogs...but as they get older and mature, they tend to show more dominance and try to establish pack order. i think that all sounds like pretty normal doggy behavior, going to the dog park and having a bunch of dogs run up to yours, your dog is just putting them in their place, and letting them know to back off.

but if he's getting into fights that are unprovoked, then yeah it's better to just keep him away from other dogs because he COULD seriously hurt them, then you have all kinds of liability issues, and even more slanderizing of pit bull breeds....people LOVE to hear about all the terrible things pit bulls do.

of my two pits one will go to the park and wiggle and sniff everyone, the other goes with hair all poofed out, stiff as a board as one by one others sniff and lick her, once she becomes aquainted with everyone she relaxes and plays around. they've gotten into a couple of fights with each other...but it all comes down to responsible ownership, identify what triggers a fight and keep them away from it. for example, i CANNOT give them toys or bones and let them loose around the house; they will fight each other for the other one's toy or whatever....so if they get a bone, they are both put in their kennel first and then each get one. crazy dogs, but they're loyal and i love 'em to death!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad