OT--Olympics!

Started by gilch
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What Winter Olympic sport are you most looking forward to?

  • Alpine Skiing

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Biathalon

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobsled

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Crosscountry

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Curling

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Figure Skating

    Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Freestyle Skiing

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Hockey

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Luge

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Nordic Combo

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Short Track Skating

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skeleton

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Ski Jumping

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Snowboarding

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Speed Skating

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Couldn't care less

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • None in particular

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    32

gilch

VMRCVM
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really love the Olympics, both summer and winter. As we all know, the 2010 Vancouver Olympics are starting Friday! What sports are you guys most looking forward to?

I am most looking forward to figure skating, although I do plan to watch some of all or most sports if possible. Much easier in winter than summer! Yu Na Kim is going to kick ass, and I am really looking forward to Belbin and Agusto as well as Evan Lysacek.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't care for the summer Olympics but I loooooooooooooooooooove the winter games! I tried to get tickets to one of the women's hockey games this year but no dice. 🙁

The first year women's hockey was added to the Olympics, my mom let me stay home from school and watch the US win the gold. 😀
 
I don't care for the summer Olympics but I loooooooooooooooooooove the winter games!

No way! Summer olympics are definitely better, but I think I'm biased as an all-summer-olympic-sport athlete (soccer, running, riding, etc). Not that I'm not TOTALLY PUMPED to watch winter olympics. Figure skating, snowboarding, bobseld here I come.

Is NBC broadcasting everything live online again this year? Major props to them for doing so for Beijing - I woke up early and watched ALL of the equestrian events. I'd like to watch more of the xcountry skiing than I know will be broadcast on networks.
 
Lindsey Vonn is not sure if she will compete at the Olympics due to deep muscle bruising in her shin. There goes 3 gold medals...

Suck it up, Vonn! And :luck::luck::luck: too!

Has anyone followed her skiing this season? She's just incredible, it's such a shame to see her injured.
 
I heard that today too. She is amazing and will be sorely missed if she cannot compete.
 
Figure skating!!

I've skated since I was 3 and did competitive figure skating for 6 years (had to quit due to school, sadly). Love the sport 🙂.