OT--Olympics!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What Winter Olympic sport are you most looking forward to?

• Alpine Skiing

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Biathalon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobsled

• Crosscountry

• Curling

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Figure Skating

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Freestyle Skiing

• Hockey

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Luge

• Nordic Combo

• Short Track Skating

• Skeleton

• Ski Jumping

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Snowboarding

• Speed Skating

• Couldn't care less

• None in particular

• Total voters

gilch

VMRCVM
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really love the Olympics, both summer and winter. As we all know, the 2010 Vancouver Olympics are starting Friday! What sports are you guys most looking forward to?

I am most looking forward to figure skating, although I do plan to watch some of all or most sports if possible. Much easier in winter than summer! Yu Na Kim is going to kick ass, and I am really looking forward to Belbin and Agusto as well as Evan Lysacek.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Figure skating as well.... yes I know I picked the most girly one! :D

Hey, Evan Lysacek is a hunk :D.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't care for the summer Olympics but I loooooooooooooooooooove the winter games! I tried to get tickets to one of the women's hockey games this year but no dice. :(

The first year women's hockey was added to the Olympics, my mom let me stay home from school and watch the US win the gold. :D

I don't care for the summer Olympics but I loooooooooooooooooooove the winter games!

No way! Summer olympics are definitely better, but I think I'm biased as an all-summer-olympic-sport athlete (soccer, running, riding, etc). Not that I'm not TOTALLY PUMPED to watch winter olympics. Figure skating, snowboarding, bobseld here I come.

Is NBC broadcasting everything live online again this year? Major props to them for doing so for Beijing - I woke up early and watched ALL of the equestrian events. I'd like to watch more of the xcountry skiing than I know will be broadcast on networks.

:love:i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Olympics:love:

Lindsey Vonn is not sure if she will compete at the Olympics due to deep muscle bruising in her shin. There goes 3 gold medals...

Suck it up, Vonn! And :luck::luck::luck: too!

Has anyone followed her skiing this season? She's just incredible, it's such a shame to see her injured.

I heard that today too. She is amazing and will be sorely missed if she cannot compete.

Figure skating!!

I've skated since I was 3 and did competitive figure skating for 6 years (had to quit due to school, sadly). Love the sport :).