OTC/Fleas/Rabbits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diplomat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which is best resource to find out if Advantage II can be used on rabbits?

Members don't see this ad.

The owner barely has $$ for her own survival let alone her rabbit. It's either OTC or it's nothing for the little guy, unfortunately. Times are too tough. I'm just trying to help a friend out.

Members don't see this ad :)
The owner barely has $$ for her own survival let alone her rabbit. It's either OTC or it's nothing for the little guy, unfortunately. Times are too tough. I'm just trying to help a friend out.

Advantage is OTC. But we're not allowed to give medical advice here, a) because most of the members are students, and b) those of us that are licensed can't violate client-patient relationship ethics and give pharm advice about an animal we haven't seen.

If finances are that tight, try consulting a veterinary pharm book (e.g. Plumb's - although the dosages and route might be an issue with the packaged product), or calling the company directly. But be careful. A cat is not a dog is not a rabbit, and doing things like trying to split doses on ANY medication, if you need to depending on the rabbit's weight, can be very tough in pre-dosed products and you risk over or under-medicating.

Advantage is OTC. But we're not allowed to give medical advice here, a) because most of the members are students, and b) those of us that are licensed can't violate client-patient relationship ethics and give pharm advice about an animal we haven't seen.

If finances are that tight, try consulting a veterinary pharm book (e.g. Plumb's - although the dosages and route might be an issue with the packaged product), or calling the company directly. But be careful. A cat is not a dog is not a rabbit, and doing things like trying to split doses on ANY medication, if you need to depending on the rabbit's weight, can be very tough in pre-dosed products and you risk over or under-medicating.

Good advice. Thank you.

Good advice. Thank you.

No prob. Sorry if I seem stingy, but it's like if someone asked a (human) doctor online, hey, can I give X medication to my dad who has psoriasis? The doctor will likely say well, I haven't examined your dad, seen any labs, know of any drug allergies he has, so I can't really say. Anyways, good luck. :luck:

Last edited: