OTC Plan B?

Started by Modnar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Modnar

Mmm... workahol
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The discussion about the pharmacist who refused to give a woman emergency contraception reminded me of this. What do you all think about making emergency contraception available over the counter? I don't know enough about the drug to have an opinion on this, but I'm curious as to what you all think.
 
Unfortunately, I think making it readily available OTC would only increase the already irresponsible attitude of the general populous. Hell...condoms are available and arent used. To some I think "morning after pill" would equal "do whatever I want on Saturday night and Sunday i will be fine".
 
Originally posted by JPHazelton
Unfortunately, I think making it readily available OTC would only increase the already irresponsible attitude of the general populous. Hell...condoms are available and arent used. To some I think "morning after pill" would equal "do whatever I want on Saturday night and Sunday i will be fine".

Agreed. There is a lot of irresponsibility out there, especially among teenagers. This would definitely be a bad idea. The next thing you would hear would be stories of over-use and abuse.