cookiekiki
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I’m applying to SJSU’s MSOT program and have a question about submitting an additional LOR.
Does anyone know whether an application would be placed on hold if a fourth letter is still pending, even after all three required letters have been submitted?
(SJSU has a rolling admissions process)
Currently, two of my three required letters are complete, and my third professor is expected to submit theirs sometime this week or before October 1 (the deadline we originally agreed upon a couple months ago).
A few days ago, I was a little worried because I had not received updates after sending reminders this past month, so I asked another professor to serve as a backup. I gave them a November 8 deadline to allow enough time to write the letter.
If my original professor submits the letter before or on October 1, I will have all three required letters completed. However, I have not yet sent the OTCAS request to my backup professor. Would submitting that request and having a fourth letter remain pending affect the review of my application or place it on hold? Should I send the request, or would it be better not to submit an additional letter?
Thank you!
Does anyone know whether an application would be placed on hold if a fourth letter is still pending, even after all three required letters have been submitted?
(SJSU has a rolling admissions process)
Currently, two of my three required letters are complete, and my third professor is expected to submit theirs sometime this week or before October 1 (the deadline we originally agreed upon a couple months ago).
A few days ago, I was a little worried because I had not received updates after sending reminders this past month, so I asked another professor to serve as a backup. I gave them a November 8 deadline to allow enough time to write the letter.
If my original professor submits the letter before or on October 1, I will have all three required letters completed. However, I have not yet sent the OTCAS request to my backup professor. Would submitting that request and having a fourth letter remain pending affect the review of my application or place it on hold? Should I send the request, or would it be better not to submit an additional letter?
Thank you!