General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS QUESTIONS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabeOT2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in the process of applying and I have a couple of questions!

1) DO TRANSCRIPTS have to be VERIFIED by OTCAS before I can submit to any programs?? I know it's a long process and I have already submitted my transcripts but it has still not yet been deemed as "arrived" or "verified". Do I have to wait? Or can I go ahead and send them?

2) Same question as above but for the letters of references! I have 1 letter of reference fully completed and submitted to OTCAS. The others have accepted my request but not yet completed writing them. Again, can I still submit to programs even if they are still be completed?

3) How do I show that I am planning to re-take a course this fall in the transcript entry?

4) Am I able to show that I am working on some observations hours right now? I have 2 OT settings completed for observation hours but I just started volunteering at a different setting. Am I able to show that in the OTCAS?

Thanks for your help!!! I am so anxious and just wanna get these things out already!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I'm in the process of applying and I have a couple of questions!

1) DO TRANSCRIPTS have to be VERIFIED by OTCAS before I can submit to any programs?? I know it's a long process and I have already submitted my transcripts but it has still not yet been deemed as "arrived" or "verified". Do I have to wait? Or can I go ahead and send them?

2) Same question as above but for the letters of references! I have 1 letter of reference fully completed and submitted to OTCAS. The others have accepted my request but not yet completed writing them. Again, can I still submit to programs even if they are still be completed?

3) How do I show that I am planning to re-take a course this fall in the transcript entry?

4) Am I able to show that I am working on some observations hours right now? I have 2 OT settings completed for observation hours but I just started volunteering at a different setting. Am I able to show that in the OTCAS?

Thanks for your help!!! I am so anxious and just wanna get these things out already!!

Good for you for trying to get the apps out so soon. I know what you mean about being anxious about the process!

1. You can submit your OTCAS application once you're sure you're positive that you have completed all the sections. If your transcripts are easy to read and you are confident that you can enter and classify your coursework accurately, then I'm sure there won't be a mistake if you take your time.

2. You can also submit your application even if not all your LORs have been completed. OTCAS accepts any required documentation even after you have submitted...just make sure you have a deadline for your references about 2 weeks BEFORE your first application is due. That way you aren't scrambling last minute reminding them :)

3. When you enter your coursework, you enter them in semesters. You check the box that says "Planned/In Progress" and that lets the system know that you don't have a grade for that course yet. Sometime in the next few months OTCAS will email you letting you know you can do an academic update on planned courses, and that's when you submit your grade for pending courses. After that, OTCAS will ask for a transcript.

4. You are also able to enter planned/in progress hours of observation/volunteering. You will enter the hours you have completed and the hours you have planned to complete for the locations.

Good luck to you! I hope I covered everything.

Remember to double check everything. I know it can be stressful, but it's better to be safe than sorry!

Good for you for trying to get the apps out so soon. I know what you mean about being anxious about the process!

1. You can submit your OTCAS application once you're sure you're positive that you have completed all the sections. If your transcripts are easy to read and you are confident that you can enter and classify your coursework accurately, then I'm sure there won't be a mistake if you take your time.

2. You can also submit your application even if not all your LORs have been completed. OTCAS accepts any required documentation even after you have submitted...just make sure you have a deadline for your references about 2 weeks BEFORE your first application is due. That way you aren't scrambling last minute reminding them :)

3. When you enter your coursework, you enter them in semesters. You check the box that says "Planned/In Progress" and that lets the system know that you don't have a grade for that course yet. Sometime in the next few months OTCAS will email you letting you know you can do an academic update on planned courses, and that's when you submit your grade for pending courses. After that, OTCAS will ask for a transcript.

4. You are also able to enter planned/in progress hours of observation/volunteering. You will enter the hours you have completed and the hours you have planned to complete for the locations.

Good luck to you! I hope I covered everything.

Remember to double check everything. I know it can be stressful, but it's better to be safe than sorry!

Thanks for the response! So I unfortunately got an error message saying I forgot to add one of the institutions I attended. I sent in my transcript request to this college and am waiting for OTCAS to receive. Do you know if I need to re-send the transcript from my main institution? Or are they holding onto it?

Also back to #3...so I graduated Fall 2015 and can't seem to add a semester for Fall 2016 because I'm planning on re-taking a course. I want to add that I'm planning on re-taking Med Terminology Fall 2016..but I can't seem to find an option to do so? Is there a way to do this? I currently just added it onto Fall 2015 and put that as "in progress".

I imagine if you put the college in that you are attending for fall 2016 (if it's the same as one you graduated from, or attended previously just put that you attended through December 2016) it will allow you to add classes.

Reactions: 1 user