General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HannahOT

Reaction score
Hi all!

As I have been working on my OTCAS application, I have a few questions regarding different sections.

1) What section do I put honor society involvement under? Should I put it under the "Honors" section or "Experiences"? I was the chair of undergraduate relations and secretary for a gerontology honors society for reference.

2) Under transcript entry, are we supposed to include all courses even outside of prerequisites? Additionally, when including Spanish courses, I do not know what to put under the Subject tab, as there is no Spanish option. What should I put instead?

3) One school I am applying to requires a formatted resume, with the instructions "Please submit a formatted copy of your resume in the Documents section." However, under the Documents tab, the only options are Personal Statement and Observation Hours. Where should I be uploading a formatted resume?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Feel free to post additional questions under this thread as well :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all!

As I have been working on my OTCAS application, I have a few questions regarding different sections.

1) What section do I put honor society involvement under? Should I put it under the "Honors" section or "Experiences"? I was the chair of undergraduate relations and secretary for a gerontology honors society for reference.

2) Under transcript entry, are we supposed to include all courses even outside of prerequisites? Additionally, when including Spanish courses, I do not know what to put under the Subject tab, as there is no Spanish option. What should I put instead?

3) One school I am applying to requires a formatted resume, with the instructions "Please submit a formatted copy of your resume in the Documents section." However, under the Documents tab, the only options are Personal Statement and Observation Hours. Where should I be uploading a formatted resume?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Feel free to post additional questions under this thread as well :)
To answer #3, in the program documents there should be a link where you can upload a resume.

Hi all!

For question #2, there is a "foreign languages" option. It took me forever to find!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Another question for anyone reading- is there anything we need to put for the observation hours under documents? Thanks!

Hi! Another question for anyone reading- is there anything we need to put for the observation hours under documents? Thanks!
Hey! Yes, upload a scanned version of the document signed by the OT you shadowed that verifies your hours!

Hello, I volunteered at a outpatient clinic but had to apply through a hospital volunteer services. I just asked the clinic's supervisor if he could sign and verify my hours and he told me the volunteer services supervisor needed to do that. Is anyone in the same situation? Any advise on what to do? I know it says to be signed by the OT you shadowed, but I worked with OTs and PTs alike.

Hello, I volunteered at a outpatient clinic but had to apply through a hospital volunteer services. I just asked the clinic's supervisor if he could sign and verify my hours and he told me the volunteer services supervisor needed to do that. Is anyone in the same situation? Any advise on what to do? I know it says to be signed by the OT you shadowed, but I worked with OTs and PTs alike.

Hi the volunteer services supervisors signature should suffice. I was in the same situation when I applied last cycle and no one gave me an issue about it.

Only if the schools require verification do you need the form. Only 1 school out of the 7 I applied to required a signed document stating the hours. Otherwise the schools just trust that you are honest in how many hours you say you observed.

Hi the volunteer services supervisors signature should suffice. I was in the same situation when I applied last cycle and no one gave me an issue about it.
Thank you!
I created a time sheet and manually entered all of the dates and times I volunteered. Should I have them sign this or does it have to be a more detailed document TIA.

Hi all!!

So this is my second time applying and I have a question regarding transcripts. So I'm starting to think it was a mistake to have my transcripts that I had sent over from last year be transferred over to this year's app since I don't know how that play out with the courses I took in the fall of last year, and the spring of this year. I would have to resend a more updated copy on my transcripts right? or at least for the community college that I took new courses at. Anyone with knowledge of this please help!!

Thanks!