General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS verification 2014-2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alliecatt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought it might be a good idea to start a thread about where OTCAS is in the verification process for the 2014-2015 cycle.

As of today, the complete date currently being verified is 09/01/14.

Best wishes to all the applicants :)

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted on 9/15/14. When I submitted they were on 8/24/14 but apparently were there for about a week before they moved on to 9/01

I noticed that too! Does anyone know if that's how it works? Instead of updating day by day it moves by week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure. I liked the jump though! I submitted on 9/7

Yes...I like the jump as well! Hopefully it keeps moving along. Anyone have Oct. 1 deadlines?

I submitted my application on 8/31 and it was verified 9/16. I noticed that the date on OTCAS was not updated every day, and it said they were on 8/24 from the time I submitted my application until the day it was verified. My advice is to submit your application even if all of your transcripts are not in. I had a transcript that did not reach the office until 9/2, but my application was marked "complete/not verified" from the moment I pressed submit. Had I known it would have been marked as complete I would have submitted it even earlier!

I submitted on 9/9 and I have a 10/1 verification deadline.

OTCAS is currently still verifying 9/1 so it is cutting it very close.

I submitted on 9/9 and I have a 10/1 verification deadline.

OTCAS is currently still verifying 9/1 so it is cutting it very close.

I have a 10/1 deadline too for Samuel Merritt. I'm pretty worried it won't be verified in time. Which program are you applying to?

Samuel Merritt. When did you submit?
09/15 per the recommended date on their website. Now that I think about it, they probably didn't update their page since last year's deadline was 10/15.

I emailed Rosa asking about how rigid that verification date would be...considering they gave us a "submit by" date, but never heard back. I am hoping that they will still accept our applications.

In my email, I also inquired about the craft/skill prerequisite. My app has already been submitted to OTCAS, with all pre-requisites completed and a couple of them in-progress/to be completed by December. The ONLY only one that is not accounted for is the Craft/Skills course. I am planning on finding a pottery or knitting course through a community center and will submit the portfolio/pictures upon completion. Admissions will see that everything else is accounted for, but what should I do to indicate that I did not forget about this prerequisite? Since it will not be done at a formal school or institution I did not enter it into OTCAS at all. Ideas?

I think you have a pretty good chance at getting verified in time. If not, I do hope they accept our applications!! Could you please let me know when you hear back from Rosa? Maybe you should contact admissions directly to discuss your situation regarding the craft course. Once you decide on the class, maybe you could send Samuel Merritt a receipt of payment indicating your intent to enroll in the course? I feel like that requirement is flexible considering they are allowing applicants to submit a portfolio. Hopefully it will all work out!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got notification this morning that my app has been verified! Fingers crossed...

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations looneybird77! And thank you for the update!! chanlamax...looks like verification will be no problem for you :)

I got notification this morning that my app has been verified! Fingers crossed...

you submitted on 9/7 and yours is verified?! Well that's good bc it says they are still verifying 9/1. I submitted 9/15 so they are getting close! I'm super nervous. My friend said hers was just verified last week and she already got a rejection!

you submitted on 9/7 and yours is verified?! Well that's good bc it says they are still verifying 9/1. I submitted 9/15 so they are getting close! I'm super nervous. My friend said hers was just verified last week and she already got a rejection!

good luck!! Hopefully you will be verified in the next week. What program did your friend apply to? And where are you applying?

Duquesne. I applied to Temple, Jefferson, Philly U, University of the Sciences, Shenandoah, Nova Southeastern, Governors State, Brenau, University of Alabama at Birmingham. So I applied ALL over the place! Where did you apply?

I bet you are verified by next week. Everytime my phone buzzes letting me know I have a new email, I jump. I can't handle rejection...

Duquesne. I applied to Temple, Jefferson, Philly U, University of the Sciences, Shenandoah, Nova Southeastern, Governors State, Brenau, University of Alabama at Birmingham. So I applied ALL over the place! Where did you apply?

So far, I applied to Midwestern, Utah, New Mexico, Puget Sound, AT Still, and Samuel Merritt.
In the other thread someone received confirmation that their app was verified today. They submitted on 9/9 (I think). Looks like we are moving along!

I believe it updates every week. I submitted my application September 10 and it was verified today. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know if you have to get re-verified if you add program designations after the initial verification?

Does anyone know if you have to get re-verified if you add program designations after the initial verification?
Your application should not need to be verified again. All the verification means is that your coursework listed matches your transcripts and things like that. Since you're not changing anything on the application, I wouldn't see why it would need to be reverified! That's just my opinion though. If you're worried about it you can always email OTCAS.

Your application should not need to be verified again. All the verification means is that your coursework listed matches your transcripts and things like that. Since you're not changing anything on the application, I wouldn't see why it would need to be reverified! That's just my opinion though. If you're worried about it you can always email OTCAS.

I'm thinking the same thing. I can't speak with 100% certainty but my understanding is that the verification process is a one time thing that basically matches your coursework and your transcripts with your application. You won't have to wait if you choose to designate programs later during the cycle.

I know this may be out of topic or a silly question.. But on my transcripts some courses are for example, Psyc 1 or Psyc 001.. Should I add the 001 or just simply put 1.

I know this may be out of topic or a silly question.. But on my transcripts some courses are for example, Psyc 1 or Psyc 001.. Should I add the 001 or just simply put 1.

Don't worry...there are no silly questions, especially when it comes to this process. It's so stressful!! Anyway, I would copy exactly what it says on the transcript. I think the OTCAS directions say to do that if I am not mistaken. So if it says PSYCH 001, I would write PSYCH 001. Hope that helps :)

Don't worry, I've asked so many questions too! It can be confusing at times. But, I would put the exact course title that's on your transcripts.

Where are you all applying to? I'm seriously soooo worried that I won't get in somewhere!

Thanks! I'll be sure to update it in OTCAS.

Rach528, I'm applying to Touro NV, Midwestern AZ, and AT Still.. My GPA isn't that great so I don't know if I'll get in anywhere ); How about you?

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking the same but just wanted to see what other people thought. Best of luck!
Your application should not need to be verified again. All the verification means is that your coursework listed matches your transcripts and things like that. Since you're not changing anything on the application, I wouldn't see why it would need to be reverified! That's just my opinion though. If you're worried about it you can always email OTCAS.[/QUOTE

Rach528, I'm applying to Touro NV, Midwestern AZ, and AT Still.. My GPA isn't that great so I don't know if I'll get in anywhere ); How about you?

I applied to the same schools with the addition of Concordia University in WI. Where are you in the process? I submitted my application on 9/11 and and waiting to get verified. The waiting game makes me so nervous!

Thank you for your response. Best of luck!
I'm thinking the same thing. I can't speak with 100% certainty but my understanding is that the verification process is a one time thing that basically matches your coursework and your transcripts with your application. You won't have to wait if you choose to designate programs later during the cycle.

I haven't submitted yet, I know it's pretty late in the game.. But, i'm in the final process of my personal statement and I'm awaiting a LOR.

I applied to Pitt, Duquesne, Chatham, Salus, university of the sciences, Virginia commonwealth, and Shenandoah. I am starting to realize I applied to some difficult schools.. If I don't get in somewhere I will most likely take a year off and strengthen my application. But I really hope I get in somewhere!

Do you know what kind of stats your friend had? I doubt I'll get into duquesne either :(

Do you know what kind of stats your friend had? I doubt I'll get into duquesne either :(

Not exactly sure. I think her GPA was a bit on the lower end (I want to say 3.0-3.2) and GRE was average. She had a lot of shadowing hours (200+) in 3 different settings.

Not exactly sure. I think her GPA was a bit on the lower end (I want to say 3.0-3.2) and GRE was average. She had a lot of shadowing hours (200+) in 3 different settings.
I have a good gpa but my gre scores are not so great!! Let me know when you hear back from Shenandoah or university of the sciences

Ok! My app is still not verified! Grrrr

I haven't submitted yet, I know it's pretty late in the game.. But, i'm in the final process of my personal statement and I'm awaiting a LOR.
I talked to someone from OTCAS regarding LOR and they said that as long as you have three references listed, they can verify it. It doesn't matter if you have received the LOT or not.

By chance are you applying to Brenau University in GA? They have a Oct 15th deadline.

Also- I was wondering about applying to their other cohorts. I read somewhere that someone wasn't accepted to one cohort but would be given preference in another cohort. (You know how you can apply to any of the 3 different programs they have) Are you just applying to one or more than one? Wasn't sure if it would be better to also put name out there for the hybrid or weekend program? I am from out of state so I don't really want to do a weekend program though.

Any verification updates? Last we heard was 09/10 two days ago.

Nope. Still not verified. Guess we submitted when everyone else did. grrrrrrr

YES I AM. I am still not verified! Are you applying there as well?
I would like to apply but some of my prereqs are over 5 years old. I have been working in the mental health field for about 10 years and I double majored in Psych and Human Dev. Do you know how strict they are with the 5 year rule?

I would like to apply but some of my prereqs are over 5 years old. I have been working in the mental health field for about 10 years and I double majored in Psych and Human Dev. Do you know how strict they are with the 5 year rule?

I honestly have no clue. Sorry!

Also- I was wondering about applying to their other cohorts. I read somewhere that someone wasn't accepted to one cohort but would be given preference in another cohort. (You know how you can apply to any of the 3 different programs they have) Are you just applying to one or more than one? Wasn't sure if it would be better to also put name out there for the hybrid or weekend program? I am from out of state so I don't really want to do a weekend program though.
If I am able to get an exception for the prereqs that are older than 5 yrs, then I will apply to the hybrid and day cohorts..I'm not interested in the weekend cohort...unless its my only option.

Currently verifying apps submitted on 9/12