Other Impactful Experiences Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpicyShrimp939

Reaction score
Is writing about being gay and growing up in a conservative Christian family appropriate for the OIE section? This isn't in the list of possible topics on AMCAS, so I'm not sure if it belongs there. I'm also unsure if I should save that topic to discuss in secondaries.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Read Article for comment: Other Impactful Experiences.

Can you explain the impact associated with your suggestions? That will help you and me determine if it will work for the essay (or diversity).
Thanks for your response! The impact was really just going through the process as a child or knowing that I was gay and being aware that my family definitely would not approve if they knew, and later coming to terms with my identity despite how they may feel.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your response! The impact was really just going through the process as a child or knowing that I was gay and being aware that my family definitely would not approve if they knew, and later coming to terms with my identity despite how they may feel.
Thanks! As a new prompt, I am unsure if there is more latitude in the types of responses that reviewers will find useful. I say that to preface the following question:

I'm not sure if there is a specific experience that you are comfortable sharing that describes the difficulty of the process. It would make it easier for the reader to connect IMO.

Thanks! As a new prompt, I am unsure if there is more latitude in the types of responses that reviewers will find useful. I say that to preface the following question:

I'm not sure if there is a specific experience that you are comfortable sharing that describes the difficulty of the process. It would make it easier for the reader to connect IMO.
Ahh that makes sense! I will try to make it more specific and focused around a certain experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.