Other people waiting on a Rosalind Franklin decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okayplayer

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed on the first interview day at RFU (back in early October). I think decisions are coming out the first week of December...I can't wait to hear back! Anyone else in the same boat as me?

I loved the school and will attend there over any school besides my state school at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

what did u like so much about it?

It's one of two MD schools that has given me an interview for one thing (University of Washington is the other).

It also has great rotation opportunities, an incredible match list, above average board scores, and pretty nice facilities. Being located outside of Chicago is another plus. Just a very good school all around I would say.

Members don't see this ad :)
i havnt even heard a peep after i submitted the secondary way back in september. should i expect a rejection letter in the mail? how do i check my status....if im being rejected?

shuzee said:
i havnt even heard a peep after i submitted the secondary way back in september. should i expect a rejection letter in the mail? how do i check my status....if im being rejected?

did you get the possible pool email? if not you should definetly call them

okayplayer said:
I interviewed on the first interview day at RFU (back in early October). I think decisions are coming out the first week of December...I can't wait to hear back! Anyone else in the same boat as me?

I loved the school and will attend there over any school besides my state school at this point.

I am interviewing there this Tuesday, how was your interview? Any stressful moments?

Good luck to you! What is your home state, if I may ask?

TimmyTheWonderD said:
I am interviewing there this Tuesday, how was your interview? Any stressful moments?

Good luck to you! What is your home state, if I may ask?

Hey, good luck to you as well. Let me know what you think when you're done with it. I really enjoyed my tour. The facilities were pretty awesome and the people were really nice for the most part.

You'll have 2 seperate 1-on-1 interviews, each for a half hour or so. One of mine was really awesome (with a prof) and the other was very strange (with a 4th yr student). The first thing the student did was start to pick apart my MCAT and grades from specific classes (and I was thinking..great). But from there it was really laid back and conversational. Mostly she just wanted to see if I had any questions about the school that she could help me with.

My home state is Washington, which is good on one hand (my state school = the number 1 school in the country) and bad on the other (1 state school for all applicants from WA and it happens to be the best in the country). Makes it hard for people with less than perfect numbers to get in.

shuzee said:
I called them last week (in the same boat as you) and they said that I would probably hear something by the end of this week. But I wasn't even in the "possible interview pool" so I think I am screwed.

okayplayer said:
Makes it hard for people with less than perfect numbers to get in.

Would you consider PM'ing me your score, or posting it, whatever you are more comfortable with? I was wondering what you considered "less than perfect".

And thanks for the good luck vibes! I am currently in a hotel in North Chicago, sitting in a lounge area using their wireless internet the night before my interview :laugh:

I am sure you will get in, and hey, maybe we can be classmates :D

okayplayer said:
My home state is Washington, which is good on one hand (my state school = the number 1 school in the country) and bad on the other (1 state school for all applicants from WA and it happens to be the best in the country). Makes it hard for people with less than perfect numbers to get in.

uhhh....U of Washington is not the best school in the country. You're getting it mixed up with Wash- U in St. Louis Missouri. U-Wash is still a very good school though. sorry to break it to ya.
-mota

good luck tomorrow timmy. you'll rock it.
-mota

DaMota said:
uhhh....U of Washington is not the best school in the country. You're getting it mixed up with Wash- U in St. Louis Missouri. U-Wash is still a very good school though. sorry to break it to ya.
-mota

US News & World Reports would disagree (no. 1 for Primary Care, top 10 for everything else).

okayplayer said:
US News & World Reports would disagree (no. 1 for Primary Care, top 10 for everything else).

I agree, its a great primary care school.
I withdrew my interview from Wash U because it creeped me out that the average MCAT hovers around a 37. Makes me feel like the school is a numbers *****. I guess the people in my class are important and a friends brother goes there and just complains about how competitive it is, and how unhappy he is. But again, everyone has a different story. I would definately disagree that that Wash U is the best school in the country, I think there are ALOT of better schools.

okayplayer said:
I really enjoyed my tour. The facilities were pretty awesome and the people were really nice for the most part.

You'll have 2 seperate 1-on-1 interviews, each for a half hour or so. One of mine was really awesome (with a prof) and the other was very strange (with a 4th yr student)

Both of my interviews were done by profs, and I think they were both low stress, the second more than the first.

I emailed a ton of students on Friday to ask questions and almost half of them got back to me - more than I was expecting! They were all very friendly and very helpful, and they were all very excited about their school.

You seem like a good candidate, I am sure you will get your wish! Let us know when you hear something!

DaMota said:
good luck tomorrow timmy. you'll rock it.
-mota

Thanks Mota! I hope you get an interview and get in, it would ROCK to go to school with you, you seem like a really great person!

My interview went pretty well I think. Low stress, no real hot seat type of stuff. I really liked all of the admissions office people and staff that I encountered and the majority of students seemed very happy to be there. There are always a few odd-men-out anywhere you go, so those that seemed apathetic about the whole thing did not really phase me. I think I could really enjoy going here! Loyola is MUCH closer to my house, but I have not yet been granted the honor of assessing their facilities/faculty/student body, so we shall see. I would hope that I get an interview at Loyola, but if I don't and CMS says yes I would not regret seconding that motion!

Good luck to you man, I will be thinking about you - keep us posted!!!! :thumbup:

I was there a week ago and they said they don't start making decisions until December. It will probably be soon after that first meeting for the early interviewers but a while for me.