Other Postbacc Programs of this type?

Started by jpjnyc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jpjnyc

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everybody,

I'm applying to post-bacc programs that meet the following specific criteria:

Outside NYC
Small, close-knit
Based at a competitive small liberal arts college
Classes made up entirely or mostly by postbacc students
Classes not graded on a curve
Lots of support, advising, etc,
Lots of linkages to med schools to eliminate glide year
Competitive program with students coming mostly from top schools w good academic records

Do you know of any programs that fit all or most of these criteria besides Bryn Mawr and Goucher?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide!
 
Are you looking to stay on the East Coast?

toothsome is thinking Scripps, and so am I. That's the only other big one you've left out. Columbia and Penn are hot and cold, it seems, and might not be nurturing enough for you. Hopkins and UVA are very young programs, but I know at the very least they attract some competitive applicants -- though on second thought, I think they may lack linkages. Oh and I think I've heard decent things about Tufts; pretty sure they have linkages.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
toothsome is thinking Scripps, and so am I. That's the only other big one you've left out. Columbia and Penn are hot and cold, it seems, and might not be nurturing enough for you. Hopkins and UVA are very young programs, but I know at the very least they attract some competitive applicants -- though on second thought, I think they may lack linkages. Oh and I think I've heard decent things about Tufts; pretty sure they have linkages.

Tufts has linkages to Boston University and Tufts University. I also heard stories that people coming from Tufts also look good at UMass.
 
toothsome is thinking Scripps, and so am I. That's the only other big one you've left out. Columbia and Penn are hot and cold, it seems, and might not be nurturing enough for you. Hopkins and UVA are very young programs, but I know at the very least they attract some competitive applicants -- though on second thought, I think they may lack linkages. Oh and I think I've heard decent things about Tufts; pretty sure they have linkages.

Scripps would meet all the guidelines except #4. Personally, I would rather have classes with undergrads rather than all postbacs, but that's just my $0.02.