OU-COM CPC vs. PCC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bessybug

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I would like some comments on the cirriculum at OU-COM. What do you thing about the Clinical Presentation Continuum vs. the Patient-Centered Continuum. Pros and Cons of both. I am trying to decide which one I like best.

Members don't see this ad.

Either track seems pretty good to me. The PCC is better for those that are non-trads with families and stuff i think, or for those that are really independent. Me i don't know i think i am gonna go with the CPC b/c 1. I like knowing what i am supposed to learn and each case you get a set of learning goals. 2. I like going to class (i know, i know) it helps me to hear the info. 3. I am afraid that i would slack too much in the PCC i like a little structure in my life. I think it is a personal decision that you really have to think about. I tried something the other day that i thought would give me some idea about what the pcc was like. I picked a random disease and went to the library and researched it like crazy and saw if i would like to do this every day. it helped me out in making a decision although i am still a little on the fence.

Thanks for the reply. I as well think I would have to go with the CPC. From what I have read about the PCC it seems like it would be great for people interested in research, family practice, or internal medicine.

bessybug,

what makes you say that? what are you interested in going in to?