OU or OSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

future okie doc

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What school would you choose between Oklahoma State University and University of Oklahoma and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Here are things to consider:

1. Tuition's basically the same for in-state.

2. OSU is nationally ranked in 3 categories (primary care-related). OU is not currently nationally ranked in any category.

3. The atmospheres are different at the two schools. I recommend that you spend some time at both & talk to a variety of students.

4. Class size is smaller at OSU (88).

5. OSU has Dr. Goljan teaching the entire year of pathology. Do a search for his name & USMLE to see why this is important. He also teaches a board exam prep class for the OSU students.

Obviously, I chose OSU. You're welcome to email or PM me any time with questions.

Last year, I was accepted at both Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. I chose to attend OU and am now completing my first year.

However, both schools provide an excellent medical education. Attending either one will be a good decision.

It was very difficult to decide between the two since both are excellent schools. Send me an e-mail and I will give you more details regarding how I came to my decision.

Hello!
sent you a pm.