our attitude

Started by bsmcga0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bsmcga0

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am extremely surprised that medical students think their sh** does not stink, everybody here thinks they are a genesis. I have an engineering degree before going into medical school and engineering classes were much more difficult. There are three people in my med class that couldn't make it through the first year of engineering school. We are not the only people that help others, cops help keep us safe, engineers design everything we use every day from our house to cars, etc.
 
Gotta love someone who blasts med students for thinking they are smarter than everyone else, then goes on to do the very thing he was railing against.
 
I have an engineering degree, but this still struck me as trollish.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
basically you're saying engineers are smarter than everyone else. thanks for droppin' the knowledge. now go find an engineering forum where you'll have more support.
 
Yeah, apparently that person's school didn't have an English requirement for its engineers.
 
Hersey said:
Yeah, apparently that person's school didn't have an English requirement for its engineers.
HAAAAAA :laugh:

I spell like an engineer and write like a Dr 😀

BTW, the OP sucks..... Troll 👎
 
bsmcga0 said:
I am extremely surprised that medical students think their sh** does not stink, everybody here thinks they are a genesis. I have an engineering degree before going into medical school and engineering classes were much more difficult. There are three people in my med class that couldn't make it through the first year of engineering school. We are not the only people that help others, cops help keep us safe, engineers design everything we use every day from our house to cars, etc.

😴
 
Indryd said:
Idonno about you guys...but my **** stinks like hell.

haha :laugh:

personally I think it's mr. engineering who thinks his **** doesn't stink.

Engineering rules 👎

Go be an engineer!
 
as an engineer and incoming med student i can honestly say that my **** stink depends on what i eat. color changes too. i don't really understand all the details, but hopefully i'll learn all about it in the next couple years.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bsmcga0 said:
I am extremely surprised that medical students think their sh** does not stink, everybody here thinks they are a genesis. I have an engineering degree before going into medical school and engineering classes were much more difficult. There are three people in my med class that couldn't make it through the first year of engineering school. We are not the only people that help others, cops help keep us safe, engineers design everything we use every day from our house to cars, etc.


I guess med students are genuises, but engineering med students get to be genesises!!! :idea:
 
Are we talking about Genesis again?? We've already discussed this Phil Collins is much much awesomer than Peter Gabriel...end of story

🙂 🙂 🙂
 
oudoc08 said:
I guess med students are genuises, but engineering med students get to be genesises!!! :idea:

Pffft, shows what you know. All the smartest people know that genesises is the incorrect b/c the word is from the latin derivative and therefore is called genesi.
 
bsmcga0 said:
I am extremely surprised that medical students think their sh** does not stink, everybody here thinks they are a genesis. I have an engineering degree before going into medical school and engineering classes were much more difficult. There are three people in my med class that couldn't make it through the first year of engineering school. We are not the only people that help others, cops help keep us safe, engineers design everything we use every day from our house to cars, etc.

Sorry dude, but if engineering was the bomb, then where are the lady engineers at??
 
If engineering is so much harder than med school, than how come I know a guy with an engineering degree who has failed at least one test in med school?? And why oh why do some of my classmates with engineering degrees say that they think med school is harder??
 
Sharkfan said:
If engineering is so much harder than med school, than how come I know a guy with an engineering degree who has failed at least one test in med school?? And why oh why do some of my classmates with engineering degrees say that they think med school is harder??

Maybe it's just different style of learning. I presume that 1st and 2nd year of med school method of learning is very crude... the more time you spend memorizing, the better you'll do... where as, you have to actually have to problem solve. I can tell you that most of my classmates hates memorizing stuff and often do poorly because they would not be willing to put in the time... I don't know if this is the case with your classmate. I'm not saying one is harder than the other though, i'll let you be the judge of that 🙂
 
namaste said:
It is different for everyone. One of my classmates went to med school as her second choice. Engineering was her first choice. She couldn't handle the entrance req's to the engineering program. No matter how hard she tried, no matter how much tutoring she received, she couldn't pull more than D grades in her mathematics and calculus based physics courses. So she got a bachelor's degree in psychology and completed the pre-med req's. She avoided calculus based physics and no longer took math. She is almost ready to graduate from her MD program. She did much better because the entrance req's for medicine did not involve math and physics for pre-engineers.

Some will experience medicine to be harder. Some will experience engineering to be harder. Some will find that both fields are difficult. It depends on the individual.

No offense but it sounds like your friend just sucked at math. It's not that engineering was harder just math was or more specifically calc. But I agree it is different for everyone. I think the key is loving what you do and being interested in it, then it always seems easier.

This thread was way more fun before people got serious 😴

Well even if our **** doesn't stink our farts still do 😉 (see fart thread)
 
Are Physics, Math, and (many) Engineering courses tougher than med school courses? Of course they are. If anyone doubts this just try getting a random freshman (with a good medical-science dictionary) to explain a passage from your toughest med school textbook...and then try the same thing with a 3rd year Physics text.

So sure they're "tougher"...but why does this matter? People who want bragging rights for having studied in an especially cerebral field probably should have chosen something other than Medicine. But it's not as if cardiovascular surgeons need a good understanding of quantum field theory to do their jobs well.

I think the only time this ever becomes an issue is when doctors (or anyone else for that matter) assume that excelling in one field automatically makes them experts in another.
 
brightblueeyes said:
Are Physics, Math, and (many) Engineering courses tougher than med school courses? Of course they are. If anyone doubts this just try getting a random freshman (with a good medical-science dictionary) to explain a passage from your toughest med school textbook...and then try the same thing with a 3rd year Physics text.

So sure they're "tougher"...but why does this matter? People who want bragging rights for having studied in an especially cerebral field probably should have chosen something other than Medicine. But it's not as if cardiovascular surgeons need a good understanding of quantum field theory to do their jobs well.

I think the only time this ever becomes an issue is when doctors (or anyone else for that matter) assume that excelling in one field automatically makes them experts in another.


good point. i start next month and i can honestly say i look forward to just memorizing stuff rather that trying to wrap my brain around some of the stuff that i encountered in engineering.

i guess we'll see.