dr kevin40

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
cali
ghetto you
Status
what's up everyone:

the pre-allop thread has their own list, and i think this thread should have one too. if you are/or thinking of applying to MSTP md/phd program, add your name here.

Dr kevin40....

=)?

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
the beach
Status
Attending Physician
dr kevin40
exigente chica
Neuronix

Keep the list rolling! I'm your average college graduate/applying for 2003/working in a lab MD/PhD applicant. whoop. Someone should change the thread title to "A List of Their Own", we can get away with it since this isn't the ultra-PC pre-allo forum :D

About the Ads
OP
D

dr kevin40

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
cali
ghetto you
Status
its nice to see our list slowly building...

=)

i'dlike to add a little bout myself to make it more personal. i really just love reserach...started doing it in hs and had my own independent project and publication b4 i got into college. was westinghouse. i worked on rna-binding proteins and coming up w/ a genetic screen that allows for rapid screening of mutants to elucidate the interation (oritentation, structure) between these proteins and targets.

then i kinda stopped for bout 1.5 yrs to experience other stuff. :) good times. recently picked it up again. during regular semester, i was just helping out in the other lab, doing a smaller project measuring the endocytosis of K+ ch. mediated by these dileucine motifs...the project i'm doing now is top secret but its very very fun!

i'm looking to apply to maybe bout 10 schools. have one guaranteed accept already, but still deciding if i want to do md/phd. i'm really into big cities, schools w/ great resaerach and decent weather so that kinda narrows my choicces.

Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2002
Visit site
Status
dr kevin40
exigente chica
Neuronix
Natalie03
Angeliqua
bikini princess

jankanator

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2001
Palo Alto, CA
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
dr kevin40
exigente chica
Neuronix
Natalie03
Angeliqua
bikini princess
jankanator

dark_scientist

15+ Year Member
May 3, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
dr kevin40
exigente chica
Neuronix
Natalie03
Angeliqua
bikini princess
jankanator
dark_scientist

energy_girl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2001
global community
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by dr kevin40

i'm looking to apply to maybe bout 10 schools. have one guaranteed accept already, but still deciding if i want to do md/phd. i'm really into big cities, schools w/ great resaerach and decent weather so that kinda narrows my choicces.
aww, come on, Doc Kevin! Let me convince you that the smaller cities with great schools are worth considering too!

I was like you too--a Californian who needed big city & nice weather, and so I always thought I would end up on the coasts. I never thought that I would end up in the midwest, but ultimately I chose the school I am at because of its research opportunities and supportive atmosphere.

best of luck to you all,
energy_girl
Wash U MSTP II

About the Ads