Out of State applicants getting into the Texas School System

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ZhugeLiang

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I was just wondering what the chances were for non-residents of Texas getting into the Texas system at this stage. My gpa is about 3.55 and my MCAT was 37Q. I have extra curricular, clinic, research, and volunteer experience. I really would love to go to one of these two schools since I have been in Texas for awhile now and have really enjoyed it. Secondly, the girl I love is a resident here who probably will go to Texas Medical School also. I know they just had the match and the results were not very good for most people...does that mean my chances are pretty slim now?