General Admissions & OTCAS Out of state interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureot2524

Reaction score
This might be a random question but I always see people apply to out of state schools. If you get an interview at a school hats out of state is it like on zoom or something or do you actually have to go there?

Members don't see this ad.

"It depends" hah, you will hear that a lot in OT school. Historically you did mostly have to interview in person but with Covid of course programs had to adopt a virtual interview process. Programs now may choose to still offer virtual options but as I mentioned it will depend on the program and all you can do is reach out and do your research in that regard if that will influence where you choose to apply to.

i applied to 6 out of state schools out of my 8 total (from where im currently living) and all of my interviews were virtual! 2 of the interviews were not "live"- one was I record on my own time, and the other I had to answer live, but it was through a virtual platform, so i had like a full week to practice before doing all of the questions at once. I think out of the 8 schools I applied to, definitely at least 2 schools but i think it might've even been 3 or 4 didn't even have an interview :)

Reactions: 1 user
You can request that the interview is virtual. Sometimes they will tell you they prefer to see you in person because they’ll show you around campus the same day.