Out of State UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ianj253

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey new to these forums but very glad I found them. I searched some of the other out of state threads regarding UCLA but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. Currently I'm a freshman at ASU in my second semester. I'm originally from Washington. I know it's early for me to be picking schools but I like to think ahead. The fact UCLA would allow me to get a degree in dentistry as well as an MBA at the same time is very appealing. I wondered if any current UCLA students who were accepted from out of state would share their GPA's, DAT scores, and extracurriculars that got them accepted?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey new to these forums but very glad I found them. I searched some of the other out of state threads regarding UCLA but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. Currently I'm a freshman at ASU in my second semester. I'm originally from Washington. I know it's early for me to be picking schools but I like to think ahead. The fact UCLA would allow me to get a degree in dentistry as well as an MBA at the same time is very appealing. I wondered if any current UCLA students who were accepted from out of state would share their GPA's, DAT scores, and extracurriculars that got them accepted?

Thanks for the help!

There are other schools that offer MBA joint degrees. I wouldn't pick a school because of that. Also, google the ADEA handbook and it will tell you statistics from each school based on OOS and IS. Moral of the story: you still have plenty of time, so work hard and you can get in. Don't worry about averages, just work hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in this cycle out of state with a little over a 3.7 both overall and science and a 23/23/21 on the DAT. It def. can be done, but what I would tell you is just focus on getting into dental school period, not necessarily on a specific school.

Also unless you are going into purely the administrative side of dentistry an MBA is overkill and really goes beyond what an entrepreneur needs. A lot of the classes you will take with an MBA are corporate classes that will help very little in owning a private practice. My advice would be take some business classes in undergrad. Also I know UCLA dental offers some business classes as part of their curriculum.

Good luck, and like Maygyver said just focus on doing your best now.

I'm majoring in economics. Thank you for the advice!