Out of Stater Hesistant about UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notsowisetooth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay. My only concern with UCLA is that it being a state school, most of the students that will be attending UCLA will naturally be California residents and future dentists who are looking to practice in CA.

Now, my concern is, that being non-Californian and unsure as to where I want to practice in the future, will going to UCLA be the wrong choice for me? Will I miss out on the opportunities to network with peers with a more diverse background (in terms of residency) and future plans?

Does this even matter?

Members don't see this ad.

you'll be fine wherever you go...think more about cost and location.

The concept of love them and leave them should tickle the adcoms.

Did you get accepted to UCLA? If so, did you feel at home there? These are the people whom you will spend a great deal of time with for the next four years, so you should enjoy your experience. When you are in close proximity with several others doing stressful work camaraderie becomes EXTREMELY important.

If you are concerned with networking, involve yourself in national dental societies. UCLA has an exceptional alumni network...sure, they are going to predominatly be in CA, but I am sure you can find UCLA grads in virtually every state.