Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

out of the country??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by williamChenry, Nov 19, 2005.

1. williamChenry

williamChenry Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey,

I'm from NY and I just had a site that can check the history of any NY doctor such as Legal Action against, Board Certifications, Date of License issued, and where they received their education. I found that a great deal of doctors (respectable and notable ones) went to medical school in places such as Guadalarja, Mexico , and Puerto Rico.

Is it a lot harder now than it was years ago to get a respectable practice by going to a out of country Med. school? Are there any distinct discriminations now against doctors like that?

2. DropkickMurphy

DropkickMurphy Membership Revoked
    Removed

Other Health Professions Student
    Depends on who you ask. Personally a lot of the finest docs I know were trained (as far as med school was concerned) in India and one in the Phillipines. But you will see a lot of people on this forum who are obsessed (for lack of a better description) with prestige or at least perceived prestige that comes with going to a "top" medical school. Honestly I think the only people who really across the board give two sh-ts are premeds and academics.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. williamChenry

williamChenry Member
    5+ Year Member

what are some good schools out there?

4. Flopotomist

Flopotomist I love the Chicago USPS
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think this post should win some kind of an award... What are some good schools out there... wow.. what a post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. williamChenry

williamChenry Member
    5+ Year Member

out there,...as in out of the country....maybe you should read the title of the thread before you post

6. ti89

ti89 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

here

[​IMG]

7. nena

nena Member
    5+ Year Member

the puerto rico schools are US schools. they aren't like guadalajara and carib schools you know... alot of people think b/c its puerto rico that the grads are considered fmgs but they're not.

and you know, fmgs are just a good of doctors as US docs. i think its not the school that makes the doc but the person. every book is the same, maybe in different languages but its the same stuff. the body doesn't change across countries. its up to you to know and understand everything you can about medicine and how to practice it to become a good doctor. not just where you went to school.

so to answer you question if there are good schools out there, yes there are. everywhere.

8. dr.z

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    :thumbup:

9. futureMD222

futureMD222 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

Could you please post the link to this site? Thanks.